• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are Smartphones Worth It?

I worked for Sprint for a long time. My answer was always this: Do you want a phone that can do some other stuff or do you want a PDA that can make calls.

I've yet to find a device that does both well. ERIS is pretty good at this but it's still more on the PDA side. The radio portion is quite good but still lacking.

So if you aren't making a whole lot of calls and want to be on the net most of the time then buy a smartphone.

Upvote 0
Actually, man, the N1 isn't all that it seems. I was all for it when it comes out in the next few weeks, as per rumor, but it really is nothing more than a prototype for the Snapdragon processor. It's like a concept phone, similar to a concept car, where new technology was tested. Even the Incredible will be rather prototypical since it will be the first phone after the concept phone and stuff can still go wrong.

You want something that has most of the wrinkles of the current smartphones ironed out? Wait until the holidays. But then you'll have a whole new set of problems. But you'll have a faster phone that may meet your needs if the curren 528Mhz doesn't.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones