Are the cases and screen protectors on Sprint's website any good?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. JohnJSal

JohnJSal Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. JohnJSal

JohnJSal Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well, I went ahead and ordered both items and they arrived today. I can say that they are both very nice looking and the screen protector is easy to apply. The package comes with two normal screens and one anti-glare screen. I chose a normal one. Applying it was simply a matter of peeling off once side, placing it over the screen (it covers only the screen itself, not the space above the screen or the capacitive buttons below) and once it's applied, you peel off the other side. Bubbles underneath can be wiped away (wipe toward the edges of the screen and the air will escape) but there weren't many anyway. The screen is still just as responsive as it was bare. My only complaint is that the sticker that peels off the back side of the protector seems to have left a slight outline of itself on that corner of the protector, and no amount of wiping will remove it, so it must be on the other side (the inside). But wiping that side wouldn't help anyway because it's adhesive, so wiping it would leave residue all over it. But it's only noticeable if you look for it.

As for the case, it's a very thin, rubbery slip case that the phone will slide into from the front. Very easy to put on and remove. It exposes all the ports but covers the power button and the volume rocker, using raised rubber buttons to mimic those buttons underneath. It certainly doesn't seem designed to protect the phone from a large fall, but that's not what I wanted anyway. I wanted a simple, thin case that will just keep the phone clean when placed on tables or in my pocket, and it's great for that. Adds no bulk and also protects the camera lens by extending around it, as most cases do.