• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are the HTC ERIS droids 1.5?

How can you tell what you have? Will it say it some where on the phone on boot up or something?

The phone comes with firmware 1.5. There is a 2.1 flash file floating on this forum, but it is not a final release. It is still in beta and has quite a few bugs that are irritating and detract from the phone. There are no known fixes for these bugs.

Those that have flashed this 2.1 upgrade can not go back to 1.5. They are stuck like this forever. Rumor has it, this also voids your warranty, so if something goes wrong and you have 2.1 when you're not supposed to (VZW is still testing it and hasn't released it yet) then you may be denied and stuck with a broken phone.

Go to the Root section for the Eris and see if the steps are simple enough for you to follow. You can get 2.1 that way but you can roll back to 1.5 if you want to make a warranty claim or something. They will never know.

Upvote 0
Thanks I found it and I am 1.5 now how do I update to 2.1?

You're kidding, right? There is a thread stickied called "upgrading to 2.1 tutorial" click on that and follow the instructions. But just be aware, that is NOT the official version and had quite a few bugs. The current rumored release date for the official 2.1 update is April 29.
And just some advice, do some looking around here and use the "search" function for this forum before you start asking questions. It would be much appreciated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones