• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Are the Innocases really that good?

I don't see anything about the Innocase that would entice me to ditch my VZW silicone case for it. It looks all right, but hardly anything especially interesting.

Not sure which one you have, but my VZW case (it's hard shell with a rubberized coating, red in color) has a seam that is pretty annoying. It runs around the circumference of the phone, so your fingers are always on it when cradling the phone in any way. After a few times taking it off, the clips no longer seat nicely in their recesses and the case flexes and you can feel the hard edge of the case in your hands.

What attracted me to the Seidio case was how it has a seam in the middle of the phone, much like the better iPhone cases. It doesn't have any latches either, it holds on to the phone by friction alone. So, it should last a long time and be comparatively easy to remove if need be.

The VZW case listed for $20, although I did get a bundle and corporate discount (I bought the craptastic screen protectors mistakenly, not knowing that they don't cover the whole screen, at the same time). This ended up costing me about $26 with tax. So, for another $10, I think the Seidio case is a good buy. It's pricey in terms of cases, but if I have it for the duration of the phone, I think it's money well spent.

Just my $0.02.

Upvote 0
NOTHING HOLDING THE TOP AND BOTTOM HALVES TOGETHER?

Sorry for the caps, too lazy to re-type.

I'm sorry, I'm speculating as I don't have the case yet - but looking at the design, it appears to be similar to the Griffin Elan Form that I have on my iPod Touch. That case slides on each end of the device very tightly and dovetails a third of the way up the phone. It's easy to take off, but it does fit snugly.

I'm hopeful that the Innocase works the same way, it certainly looks like it from the pics I've seen. I'll know for sure when it finally ships ;)

Upvote 0
If you purchase the Innocase II alone, it may seem a bit pricey, but the smartest route is to purchase the case and holster combo. The two together make the cost very worthwhile.

The material of the Innocase line has a fantastic feel to it in your hand (not a sticky rubber, but not as slick as typical silicone, more of a softer in-between texture), and does not add bulk to the device (well none that you will notice anyway).

The spring loaded holster is a perfect complement as it will provide protection the the screen. It has a soft liner on the portion that comes in contact with the screen. And has a spring load clip that clips over the top of the device. The clip is soft enough that it's easy to remove, yet will not release the device unless you intentionally lift it.

My two previous touchscreen devices both had the case/holster combo, and the only times they were dropped was when I inadvertently bumped it off my hip pocket (I tend to clip it to my pocket rather than my belt.. more comfortable to me that way, more of a gunslinger equip). The case protected the main body of the devices, and the holster protects the screen. The devices did not break loose from the clip/holster, and the combo together absorbed enough impact to prevent any damage.

Upvote 0
I use a holster from time to time since I always listen to music on my commute on the train and have the headphones plugged in it's easier to deal with when it's on my hip. Also, my wife and I walk almost every evening and it's easier to do a long walk with it on my hip and not hitting my leg with every step in my pocket.

Upvote 0
I've owned several of Seidio's cases for my Blackberry's. They are nice cases, but I've had a few break and also scratch the bezel on the phone. I do think that the case will fit this phone better than my BB's, so I am thinking of giving Seidio another try.

If you are still a holster person, these are the BEST on the market !

Upvote 0
It may be astonishing to some, but there are still those of us who place care and maintenance of our devices above style and fashion. Those of us who fall into that category won't be seen posting messages bemoaning scratches and damage to our phones because we stuck them into a pocket with other metal objects, sat on them, jumped into a pool with it, dropped it shattering the screen etc...

So yeah, laugh and poke fun at those of us who take care of our devices. :D

Besides, it's not like we're talkin the big ugly leather pouch holsters, have a look...

BD2-HLCSR3HDDN-RD-3.jpg
BD2-HLCSR3HDDN-RD-2.jpg

Reactions: Colchicine
Upvote 0
Just because somebody doesn't use a holster doesn't mean they don't care about their phone. I don't like holsters and I care about my phone, but I really don't care if other people want to use them. To each their own. I've long been in the habit of making sure that I don't put anything in the pocket my phone goes into.

Upvote 0
It may be astonishing to some, but there are still those of us who place care and maintenance of our devices above style and fashion. Those of us who fall into that category won't be seen posting messages bemoaning scratches and damage to our phones because we stuck them into a pocket with other metal objects, sat on them, jumped into a pool with it, dropped it shattering the screen etc...

You got that right DenverRalphy, this baby is to nice, to expensive and I have to live with it for too long to not protect it from damage.

Also, it was a toss up for me between the Burgundy and the Sapphine blue and I ordered the blue one. That Burgundy sure is nice too. One thing I like about the Seidio cases is they retain that nice shape of the back which I think is kinda' sexy looking.

Upvote 0
I've only owned one innocase - for my previous Palm Pro. I bought the innocase II/holsert combo.

The innocase II (the case itself) turned out to be crap in my single exposure to it... The holster was excellent, but the case had a spot on the left which was thin to the point of transparency from the factory (the case was black) and after about 2 weeks of use the top/bottom halves would no longer stay together - if I put it in a pocket and tried to take it out, the half of the case I grabbed would come off in my hand and leave the phone ringing in my Levi's... I kept the holster and put my phone in an Otterbox case, which worked fine with the seidio holster.

I also bought 2 of their desktop charging docks, which turned out to be shoddy and cheap (with exposed holes in the sides of the base that they didn't even bother to put rubber plugs into, and they were DIFFERENT holes on each of the 2 docks - not functional holes, they appeared to be locations for LED's or inputs which were not used on this model).

This was back in April 2009, so perhaps thigs have changed

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones