• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Are the newer Triumphs any better?

While my little OV is amazing its time to upgrade my stuff :D
Are the newer Triumphs any better? I'm also considering switching back to cricket for the Mercury.

Also, im monitoring the HTC One V lol but the top to are the ones listed above.

No, they are not! Stick with your Optimus V! The Triumphs have poor build quality (after the "new toy" feeling washes off). At least, most Triumphs do. Despite it's slower processor, it seems that the OV has better build quality.

If you really want to try out a Triumph, I recommend you buy one, use it for a few days, and make the decision yourself (return if you don't like, obviously).

Upvote 0
I upgraded from an HTC Touch Pro2, so the Triumph is a significant leap forward.

What I like:
- large screen
- community ROMs
- it doesn't run HTC Sense
- everything works fine (except HDMI on custom ROMs but I don't use HDMI)
- runs up to 1.7GHz

What I don't like:
- lower signal strength (HTC got solid 4 bars at home, Triumph gets 1 or 2, occasionally 3...odd). I don't use voice calls that much and it appears to work OK
- lack of accessories (OEM battery/charger, any kind of desktop charging cradle)

The HTC had a very nice build quality but it was absolutely worthless to me (lack of apps) and it was terribly buggy and a poor performer

Upvote 0
Just got my replacement triumph today and already I can tell a MAJOR difference. Everything, so far, is working great. Even the definition of the screen is richer and more saturated with color. The only gripe I have is right outta the box, it has a semi faulty charging port. Could be the cable I'm using. But for that to be the only problem, I'm good. The wifi is hella faster too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones