• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are there any Android phones on Boostmobile?

Gibeon

Lurker
Apr 4, 2010
Read title and that is my question. Its not my choice to go to Boostmobile in the next couple of days. But my parents tell me that if theres a cheaper option to go with than our current plan(with Verizon), it shows that this is my chance on getting an Android phone. My question will probably lead to even more questions, but whatever. So far my only question is the title and if the answer is a no... well that settles it. I appreciate any recommendations if you understand the situation clearly.

Thanks for quick reply. Im really in need of help because by tomorrow's the big day. I dont want to be the one without a cellphone in the family just because there is some hope of an Android phone. So far in the last few minutes, the closest to a Android Boostmobile phone is planned for Q3 2010, originally the Motorola Opus One but now its just called the i1. If you go to the wiki list of forthcoming Android smartphones, the i1 will feature Android 1.5 and the other features like.. 3.1-inch HVGA (320 x 480) touchscren, 5 megapixel camera, WiFi, and microSD expansion. Now I only started to catchup with Android news, but how does that compare to current phones?And yea I do realize that 1.5 is outdated. Hopefully it will be able to update to 2.1

Upvote 0
From the little info given on the i1, it seems to be a nice piece of equipment. Especially for being a "low-end" Android smartphone. I'm quite sure that, if this phone is released, it'll increase the sales for Boost.

One thing that may be of concern, though, is the data packages. How will Boost price them? Will they be able to keep their same low rates? Also, How much will the phone cost? The majority of the phones you can buy through Boost are over-priced (e.g. Blackberry Curve 8830 for $249). So I'm wondering how much will their 1st Android device be priced.

Reactions: Gibeon
Upvote 0
Yea I realized they overpriced some of their phones. About their data packages...well we're gonna see that till tomorrow when we go to bestbuy or a boostmobile store. I hope in the end I don't have buyers remorse. Not a good time to worry about that when you have other major things to worry about like going to college.

Upvote 0
im surprised that boost is planning on android phones, i mean it seem like they just got the curve which is kinda dated as far as smartphones are concerned.

That is true.

I guess they're trying to capitalize on the ever expanding android market.

Who can blame them.

I just wonder if they're going to be able to keep their low plan prices.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones