are there any cpu control apps for non rooted phonesGeneral

1. don't really want to root my phone yet just tweak uphold and down-hold thresholds on the cpu would be good for now. any help would be appreciated THANKS

Advertisement
  2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

No, I don't think you can change the CPU without root.

In most cases you can't change anything without a custom kernel anyway
    nizlovelots likes this.
  3. LGismyVISION

LGismyVISION Well-Known Member

Root wont help , You need a custom kernal like Rxpert83 said , You need ussually a ROM for that so wait about 1 year and 5 ROMs might be out , Theming starting fast for this phone :) Black Status bar and notification drawer already
  4. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

A year and 5 ROMs? That's painfully slow.:sly:

I guess I've always been spoiled with development
  5. eljefe0000

eljefe0000 Well-Known Member

the only way to change it as far as i know is thru root and i dont think u need a custom kernel for it either im rooted and change it with rom toolbox overclocking is not yet possible because for this you do need a custom kernel but otherwise u underclock or set it as high as it allows you which is 1.5 for me
  6. LGismyVISION

LGismyVISION Well-Known Member

I said that because LG Connect has been out for quite some time and only Broken Out ROM and Black Plague (2 Custom ROMs) and then the stock recovery ones , nothing special ....
  7. eljefe0000

eljefe0000 Well-Known Member

well the only thing he can do right now if he wants is to root so he can underclock its better than nothing and at least it saves some battery life.
  8. Khemul

Khemul Well-Known Member

Yeah, without a custom kernel we are limited to what LG set for CPU options. Which is obviously never going to be past what the CPU is rated for. And without root one is limited to whatever the phone is set at, since phones by default don't like people messing with system settings like that.

And we aren't likely getting a custom kernel anytime soon, so underclocking is about it. But on the good side, overclocking this phone is basically a benchmark game anyways. Underclocking doesn't effect real world performance much at all, so overclocking isn't going to either. All it'll do is increase benchmark scores.