• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are there any free music players that don't suck? -_-

I have a samsung epic. The built in music player sucks (still better than the free ones ive found in the market, though.) And the other ones i've tried suck too.

I want an app thats good enough to not look half assed and make me feel like im actually using an MP3 player.

Are there any? <_< thanks

There are bunch of free players to experiment with, and chances are high that you will like some of them.
I have a positive impressions from MortPlayer - good features, folder support, headset buttons support, changeable skins, etc.

I tried almost every free player none were as good as power amp so i bit the bullet and bought it. The best one i found for free was the new WinAmp mostly because it will work with "Listen To" command but that's about all it really had going for it. Well that and it syncs wirelessly with itself if you happen to be a WinAmp for PC user(which most of us probably aren't).

Upvote 0
PlayerPro beats everything out there. It has the best interface out there. I just switched from Winamp (which is my favorite free player). For $5 it's well worth it. Try the trial first.

Player pro is ok, but it wont stop playing when you get a text message or when you activate google voice search. for me that's a deal breaker at least for a paid program.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones