Are there any known bugs for the galaxy s3?General

1. amgpower63

amgpower63 Active Member

I preordered mine at AT&T, but I am just wondering if there are any known bugs. This is my first time switching to android, but I'm kind of familiar with android (or at least that's what I think :p) thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. elbeeuk

elbeeuk Well-Known Member

Hi there,
    The only thing I've seen occurring on this forum a few times is where the unread sms count isn't disappearing after reading the message. There are workarounds, so not a biggie but I'm sure it will be fixed with an update at some point

HTH

Elbee
  3. amgpower63

amgpower63 Active Member

That's nothing big. My brother's Note kept shutting off by itself so he had to return it. Hope that doesn't happen on the GS3.
  4. elbeeuk

elbeeuk Well-Known Member

Definitely not experienced that myself with the SGS3 or seen anyone reporting it on these boards.
    I think you're safe
    :)

Elbee
    amgpower63 likes this.
  5. amgpower63

amgpower63 Active Member

Oh thanks. I can't wait to get out of these iSheep crowds!
  6. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

The only thing I've noticed is if i charge to 100% and then unplug it will usually drop to 99% instantly. Maybe the readings too accurate as when it's unplugged it technically won't be on 100% (yeah probably not). Anyway it's no biggy as the rest of the battery is pretty impressive. I've just listened to 30 mins of music via Bluetooth and a bit of browsing and i only dropped 2%
  7. amgpower63

amgpower63 Active Member

That's impressive. I can't wait to get my GS3
  8. matttye

matttye Well-Known Member

I'm not saying this to scare you off, just something to bear in mind when you get the device.

A couple of people have reported that when an alarm is set, the alarm doesn't go off and their phone actually crashes and they have to pull the battery. Out of everybody here I've only seen two reports of this, so it definitely seems to be the minority. My phone isn't affected.
  9. Baldilocks

Baldilocks Well-Known Member

No one knows about bugs with the S4 processor version yet. We only have experience with the Quad Exynos version.
  10. Yanks

Yanks Well-Known Member

Has anyone experienced lag times when switching between home screens? I open Opera then close it and it takes me to my home page but then I can't switch between screens. The phone lags for a good 10 seconds.
  11. Hunterbeav

Hunterbeav Well-Known Member

could be a transition setting I think you can make it from 0 to 10 sec in 1/2 sec settings.
  12. Hunterbeav

Hunterbeav Well-Known Member

I have noticed s voice can be a little quirky....and the touch screen could be a touch more sensitive in my opinion. This is on American duel core.
  13. hal1

hal1 Well-Known Member

Major Bug.... It BUGS me that I won't have one for over 2 weeks :mad:
    jimbo1mcm likes this.
  14. Hustletron

Hustletron Well-Known Member

S voice is quirky as I expected, doesn't hear things like I said it, but thats to be expected. I don't know if this counts as a bug per se, I know it's not a bug, but certain exchange accounts conflict with the SMS Sync feature of the phone when it is turned on and you have Sync SMS checked when setting up Exchange mailboxes.

This is new to me as I have never had the option, but by accepting the defaults and leaving Sync SMS checked, my work's exchange server was disabling my active sync to my phone forcing me to go and re-enable it on my exchange account.

Nothing just unchecking Sync SMS wouldn't solve, but still, it took me a bit to realize it because I had never had a phone with that option.

Also, when the Wifi voice option is selected, it seems the cell radio is shut off and you cannot receive calls and/or send/receive texts. I had to disable the wifi calling to get this to restore connectivity to my provider, again, not sure if working as intended but figured I'd throw it out there.
  15. tbenedict

tbenedict New Member

Pardon my ignorance, but what is WiFi voice?

I use WiFi all the time, so need to be it won't inhibit calls/texts.