1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Are there any music apps with a good "random"?

Last Updated:

1. Heathbar

Heathbar Active Member This Topic's Starter

I've noticed that the stock music app's random feature has no regard for repeating songs. Sometimes I'll hear the same song 2-3 times in one hour! Are there any music apps that will randomize a playlist without playing any songs more than once?! Thanks. :)

Sorry, I kind of reposted this Evo thread, thought it might get more exposure in the apps forum: http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/102134-random-music-not-random.html

Advertisement
  2. rogue994

rogue994 Well-Known Member

+1

I'm using Mixzing. I notice that the random pretty much sucks. It'll play the same songs all the time. I have like 1500 songs on my phone...yet random seems to play the same 200 over and over...almost like it doesn't even see any of the other songs.

3. hunta

hunta Well-Known Member

Try Museek. It features intelligent playlists based on musically style etc. I found it a bit unintuitive but does no harm to give it a try.

4. Heathbar

Heathbar Active Member This Topic's Starter

Just tried Museek. Meh, don't really like it.

5. hunta

hunta Well-Known Member

Me neither really, but felt you should give it a go. :) Sorry it wasn't what you were after.

6. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Google Music works pretty well for me, it won't double up on songs if you random it :)

7. RazzMaTazz

RazzMaTazz Well-Known Member

Try the free MediaMonkey for Android (MMA). If synchronized from your PC with the free MediaMonkey for Windows (MMW), it creates its own media database on your phone (rather than relying on Android's crappy media database). MMA's random playback seems to work better than media players that rely on Android's database. (MMA & PowerAmp are the only player apps that I've seen which don't rely on Android's media database.) And if you're not happy with MMA's randomness, you could easily create a randomized "all songs" playlist on your MMW PC and sync it to your Android device. That would guarantee that no song would be played twice.

FYI: Here's my long-winded description of the many benefits of the MMA, MMW (and the remote-control app, MediaMonkey Remote).
    http://androidforums.com/android-ap...oid-sync-solution-like-itunes-but-better.html