• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

are there any must haves I dont know about

veedubmaster

Feb 21, 2011
hi all,

had my DHD a little over a year now and touch wood had virtually no probs with it.

its brill in all areas, with most of the drainage turned off I regularly see nearly two days from a full charge which is more than enough for me.

this post is really to find out if im missing out on things the phone can do that I didn't realise was there

for eg, ive just found out about the dlna/xbox link. im still a little confused as like another member I cant get the xbox to recognise the phone when used via usb. it doesnt see the hard drive. and I defo cant get it to see my videos ive taken via the phone through Vuze, it simply wont see them despite chaging the video format (although the htc site claims to support h263 and not h264 which is maybe where the prob lies??)

im going to try the dlna link shortly and see what happens.

my gps is non existent but ive been told a hard reboot "should" sort this.

so what other fantastic features does the phone have ive not discovered yet ?

i think its so good ive just bought the missus one too.

also how does the market and buying/renting things work, is it all via the sign in on Googlemail ?? ive yet to explore the market other than free apps but im presuming i'll have an account not unlike itunes somewhere ??

thanks

Glenn

hmmm well connected media didnt work?? sat next to the xbox (its the black gloss 250gb one) it runs wired to the router not wireless.
clicked connected media on the phone and it came up with music/photos/video. clicked one and it instantly found the wifes new htc but nothing else

do I need to adjust or open something on the xbox too?

Upvote 0
Download a free app from the market called iMediashare. I use it for my Fetchtv box, my Xbox 360, and my ps3. It's great because not only can you browse media on your phone, but you can also view online media such as Youtube videos.

Firstly thanks for the suggestion, I've just watched Vimeo and YouTube vids on my lads projector screen. 110" you tube ftw :D however I'm doing something wrong as the Xbox sees the device, it sees all the music, pics and some vids on my phone but will not play any of them, only the other channels listed on the app? Help :)

Upvote 0
I love some of the games on the market :) lately I've been playing GTA 3 , shadowgun and Modern combat 3. The graphics on these games are amazing! There are also some simple puzzle games I like, such as sprinkle, angry birds, tank hero, zenonia and jelly defense :D.

How have you managed to get GTA3? Whenever I go to the Market it tells me it is not compatible with my DHD :mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones