• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are there different Galaxy S2's? Which one should I get?

crewxp

Oct 10, 2011
I'm going to sell my iPhone4 for a Galaxy S2. I have always wanted an android. I heard the Galaxy S2 is the best android.

I am debating between searching on ebay for one and buying one through AT&T as I'm elligible for an upgrade. So my question is...: Are there different versions of the S2?

What's the latest version I should search on eBay? And whats the difference between the set AT&T Offers and most phones selling on eBay are?

Thanks!!

Generally, the differences will be the branded software on the handset, each provider will stick their own software on there. However, it looks as though there will be slightly different hardware on some of the S2 variants: http://androidforums.com/suggestion...peration-samsung-gs2-section.html#post3285636

It won't really matter much for you though if you're with AT&T, they only have 1 version by the looks of things.

Upvote 0
As there appear to be slight differences in the software and hardware, I'm not sure if the rooting method for one variant will work on another, or if rooting will change the radio.

I mentioned AT&T as they appear to be your provider and they have the Tegra 2 chip and LTE. I suppose the LTE thing will depend on coverage in your area though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones