Are there more problems with Froyo OTA than with the leak?

Last Updated:

1. TMack

TMack Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is it my imagination or do there seem to be WAY more problems with today's OTA than there have been for those of us running the leaked Froyo. This forum is littered with bugs and negative experiences so far. I was all set to revert to 2.1 to get the "real" Froyo, but now I'm tempted to stay with the leak.

What say ye?

Advertisement
  2. JustinHEMI

JustinHEMI Well-Known Member

LOL no, most of the problems are due to people with the leak trying to ota. Did you miss the other threads about this? There are even several polls. MOST people aren't having any problems at all. I have two xs running flawlessly here.

3. TMack

TMack Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

4. JustinHEMI

Yeah I haven't experienced any on the ota. Of course the forums are going to be full of issues the first few days. That by no means indicates that the release is bad. The number is skewed because those not having issues, aren't posting.

5. MacII

MacII Well-Known Member

Hey I'll post! Two DXs with OTA here too and and they're both running amazing!

JustinHEMI likes this.
  6. cwrig

cwrig Well-Known Member

I've had zero problems with the OTA. I started it before I went into a shower and it was finished when I came out. Everything works great including Launcher Pro. So far I am liking the various improvements and it does seem a bit faster; especially certain web page loading .

Did not participate in the "leak"

JustinHEMI likes this.
  7. cygnusloop

cygnusloop Well-Known Member

Two DX's here. Both running better than ever on OTA. LPP on both.

8. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

I think it's just because you have a LOT more people with the OTA Froyo now than the people running the leaked versions.

The only problem I had was with an Exchange email account, I had to enter a pin to unlock my phone, plus I had Widget Locker installed w/o the home helper. So to unlock my phone I had to:
    1. Unlock Widget Locker (Sense-style swipe)
    2. Swipe the Froyo lock
    3. Enter a numeric pin

Fixed it by deleting my exchange email account, then was able to remove the pin and setting the home helper in Widget Locker and now I'm good.

People were right, 2.3 really isn't a big deal. Can't believe I'd check for updates 5x a day for it. Whatdahell am I going to do with all my free time now that I've updated? :D

MalikBear likes this.
  9. Tim1118

Tim1118 New Member

I've been using Launcher Pro Plus prior to the OTA 2.2, and didn't really notice much improvement after the update. I went from LP to the stock "home", and it was still very jittery in transitioning from screen to screen. So, I went back to Launcher Pro.

My text messaging seems to be all screwed up now, and for a while, I was getting NO notification tones...

So far, I'm not extatic about the update. I was hoping for more fixes...

10. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

Tim, give it a little time to settle down. My X's is a lot faster now than earlier today.

11. Statmtb

Statmtb Active Member

Mine is infinitely better than before. I'm guessing most of the people having issues weren't stock. That and from what I've seen, a few apps are causing some problems too -- LauncherPro and Astro File Manager Pro.

12. JustinHEMI

Yup. To be fair, both my phones were updated from 2.1 stock. I factory reset both before doing the update, did the update, then factory reset again. I then installed allo my apps fresh from the market, no backups. A little more time consuming, but wanted to avoid any issues that were being reported. 24 hours later, the two x's I have here are still running flawlessly with lpp.

13. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Well-Known Member

I have noticed little or no change between the the leaked and ota.

14. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member

They're the same they both have the same bugs

15. labeledbass

labeledbass Well-Known Member

NO

Slide to unlock problem has remained every since the first leak>OTA

I haven't had once FC on Batter Manager yet

16. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member

infinitely better?

17. ezflip

ezflip Well-Known Member

I logged on to ask the same thing. I had the leak until yesterday, flashed itback to stock 2.1 and did the ota. I had zero issues with the leak. The ota is filled with bugs. A few examples: the keyboard didn't lag at all with the leak, it is taking about 1 full second for letters to show up as im typing this on the ota. Also, its now taking me on average 3 attempts to open the stock browser, it keeps force closing now. These two issues among several other force closes and etc. Im very tempted to go back to the leak...

18. Statmtb

Statmtb Active Member

Absolutely. I would use my phone off and on starting around 7am and it would be dead long before noon. Now it can go all day without needing to be recharged. I don't know how the update could make it that much better, but in my case, it did.

It was so bad before, I almost regretted getting the phone. Not quite, but almost.

19. mystiqueskillz

mystiqueskillz Well-Known Member

I updated to OTA Froyo from 2.1 OTA and I'm having problems with the text, my newest texts aren't on the top, they're always in the middle! Why? I did like 10 hard resets, but same thing happens over and over...

20. rjoudrey

How can anyone say the OTA is infinitely better than the 2.2 leak. Must have not been using it.

21. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

Not true. My phone is useless as an MP3 player now. I came from stock.

22. northernmoris

northernmoris Well-Known Member

So true. I ran all the leaks and now stayed with .15 leak. This is the best my phones been running, no force closes, no lag, everything is snappy. I wouldn't touch OTA with a 10ft pole. Obviously there are more than plenty of people with a LPstable OTA phone but its not for me. Jmho.

23. Charlie81

Charlie81 Well-Known Member

I never rooted, did not install the leaked version, I dont have many apps. And I am still having issues with the ota update. The music player randomly shuts off, or lags while playing songs. I can tell you for sure this never happened before. I loose touch screen response. Launcherpro force closes all the time now. So I dont know if this is only effecting people who installed the leak.

24. rjoudrey

I ran the 2.2 leak and had to reboot now and then to play MP3's. If you un-mount the SD card and then mount it I believe you get the MP3's to work. Must be a SD card problem.

25. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

I'm going on a day and a half now without the MP3 problem. Only thing I've been doing different is stopping the music before I pull the headphones out.