1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Are there no Mutual fund qouting apps that will show a 10 year return?

Last Updated:

1. luigic81

luigic81 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

All I found was like Yahoo finance and some stock tickers etc... but they give you absolutely no info on Mutual funds, sure they will tell you if that fund is up or down for the day, but why can't I see a 1,3,5,10 year history for the fund? Are there any apps out there?

I just want it to be like going to Yahoo finance on my PC, I type in a fund ticker symbol and I can look at historical performance, top holdings, risk, etc...

even when I go to yahoo finance on my EVO it's not like going there on my PC, it has very limited information and will only show up to a 1yr return

here's a link to basically what I'm looking for....
    http://finance.yahoo.com/q/pm?s=DTRIX+Performance

Advertisement
  2. mcatdtDROID

mcatdtDROID Banned

just use your online browser to figure it out.... like a mortgage calculator.... do you really need an app for something that is so abundant online?

3. windstrings

windstrings Well-Known Member

I use an app called "Finance" by Google Inc.. it shows 1 day, 5 day, 1 month, 6 months, 1 year, 5 year, or max to date.

Works great and many nice features and is fast and realtime and free!

4. luigic81

thanks, I found that If I use my browser in "PC" mode, I can just go to yahoo finance. I didnt know I had any options and thought I was "stuck" with only the mobile versions of websites.

5. windstrings

Nah... the finance app is really nice.. you just turn it on and "boom" all your saved profiles instantly come up.
    It can stream quote updates to the moment "when active" if you have that option ticked and its up to the moment accurate......

6. luigic81

Just tried it out and uninstalled it, not enough info for me, it doesn't even show the average return percentages

7. windstrings

On the go, having to access a computer is a no go and going to a site on the phone is cumbersome... especially if they are not friendly to mobile phones due to java etc not being managed well with the webmasters.

Having a nice app that can allow you to do some simple homework on the go or watch whats up on a day to day basis is nice and they are very quick and real time.

Have you used any of the apps on the phones to compare?

They are quite nice.. tons of news, up to date articles etc....