Are there other options to answer a call without having to swipe?Support

1. torontokid

torontokid Member

I'll admit I am not a fan of the swipe to answer. Would make rather simply tap a button than have to swipe. Are there an settings that can change the call answer mechanism? Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member

Application list / Phone / Menu key / Call Settings / Call answering-ending Answering Key to set Home key to answer calls. Owners manual page 56

You might be able to get to this from the dialer by pressing the Menu key and continuing from there (I don't have my SIII yet)
  3. torontokid

torontokid Member

Ok turns out the only other option is tha you can set it so that the home button answers calls. Go to phone-call settings-call answering-answering key. I with the S3 had more configurable options on how to answer calls, but I can live with this :)
  4. newtoandroid99

newtoandroid99 Well-Known Member

Under voice commands you can setup answering by saying "answer" or "reject"
  5. Covart

Covart Well-Known Member

This. Except if you are in a bar pr restaurant or any loud area, it won't work. Plus, I have found that loud areas can activate S Voice, camera, etc.. if you have voice commands enabled.
  6. _Aardvark

_Aardvark Well-Known Member

I constantly hung up on people when taking the phone out of my pocket on the original (Eclair-based) moto blur OS on my Droid X. It had a standard button-press to answer or hang up that was easy to press while grabbing the phone. Thankfully they changed it to a swipe on an update.

That's not a problem for you?