Are there two kinds of unlocking?Support

Last Updated:

1. mebijite

mebijite Member This Topic's Starter

I bought a google G1 phone from ebay. It was sold as an unwanted present. A few weeks later the phone suddenly stopped dialing out. I figured out that it may have been locked by T-mobile for some reason. I purchased an unlock code over the internet. The code unlocked the phone as indicated, but it still does not call any numbers. Can an unlock code unlock any phone regardless of whether t-mobile has put a lock on it? What are the apn settings i need to imput. I tried a vodafone card, but it said cannot work with the card due to data plan etc. help anyone!!!

Advertisement
  2. slave1

slave1 Well-Known Member

Do you here 3 tones when you try to call or do people get that when trying to call you? If the answer is yes, your phone has been reported stolen and blacklisted. You'll need to contact the ebay seller to see if this was done in error.

3. mebijite

Thanks Slave,

No, I do not get any three beep sound when trying to call out. It just attempts to dial followed quickly by called ended When I call my number it says that the number is currently unavailable. All the apps still work normally through my wi-fi connection. Any other suggestions?

4. slave1

slave1 Well-Known Member

I'm still thinking blacklisted.

Try keying you IMEI into this page Mobilink - IMEI Blacklist to check. In case you think I'm phishing you can do a google search for other similar sites.

5. mebijite

I just checked with the imei number. It is not blacklisted. What do you reckon about a reset? i am afraid of losing my bought apps and contacts. A ny suggestions?

6. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

I just bought a second phone ... Did a Factory Reset ...
    Restartes and registered new phone to my Original Google Account and
    there were by few (4) Paid apps ...

My issue is the 201 Apps that I have on my other Phone ... to installed them on the New and make all the Settings... (whew !!! )

7. mebijite

I just did a reset on my phone. Surprisingly enough, I have not be able to log back on to google. It keeps telling me that there might be a temporary problem or my sim is not data enabled. I tried using another T-mobile sim, still no joy. Any ideas on this one?

8. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Check with TMO you may need to have the sim-data enabled and Normal Registration does require a data plan ...

Also TMO can reset your account activation if something is wrong on their end ...

The other sim would also need to have a data package enabled on their TMO account ..