Are We Getting 2.1 or 2.0 ??????General

Last Updated:

1. Crash27

Crash27 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I thought for fun I would email Sony to see whether or not if the new 2.2 update would be considered, the update is not supposed to be out until September so that would give lot's of time to update to 2.2 from 2.1, but to make a long story short this is the reply I received back from Sony.......

Advertisement
  2. d_dan

d_dan Member

I just contated one of the irish SE reps I deal with so i hope to get back to ye with an update on what i can find out from the inside

3. DingMan

DingMan Member

I think they mean 2.0 as in 2.X, like any Android that is above 2.0, just how I interpreted it.

4. d_dan

d_dan Member

Just got word back from my se rep and he said that they dont know themselves, they want to get the info out to stores asap but its still too uclear to say.
    All they say is Q4 which is setember as we know

5. tom1tomek1

tom1tomek1 New Member

It better be 2.1 otherwise we can say goodby to flash!

6. saltorio

saltorio Well-Known Member

7. Crash27

Crash27 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I think Sony should just send out the 2.1 OS now and this way it gives them more feedback from us as what the issues are and they have a few months to put out updates to fix any issues that arise. For I know what my luck is, I will wait till September and the update will come out it will be bug city, LOL

8. d_dan

d_dan Member

I would have payied extra to get 2.2 for the X10 i want full flash so bad

9. saltorio

saltorio Well-Known Member

Well, according to SE themselves, we'll be getting 2.1 come Q4:

Personally, I'm disappointed it's not 2.2 that they're announcing in that timeframe, as I can't see why it'll take 4-7 months get UX running on Ecliar. However, it's nice to see official word on an upgrade (and hopefully it's not the last we'll see), and know that we will in-fact get an update (some of the nearly 2/3 of the Android phones out there can't say the same). And a performance patch in the near future should help tide us over.

BTW: I encourage everyone to visit the link above and post your comments on this there. Sony won't react unless they get feedback/criticism, and that's the place to do it.

10. robwscott

robwscott Well-Known Member

Don't we need 2.2 or better to run flah when it FINNALY comes out???? Sooooo that means no flash for us?????