Are White EVOs pink?

Last Updated:

1. that_maynard

that_maynard Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So the big day finally is tomorrow and I wanted to get a white one. I went into the local Sprint store and the edges of the white EVO were pink. Is this how all white EVOs are? I love the look of the white, but I know that all I would see is pink if all are this way.

Please Discuss and thank you.

Advertisement
  2. sjjones

sjjones Well-Known Member

???????????? have a white one , no pink visible

3. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Wife has a white one... no pink.

I was under the impression that the white Evo was a Best Buy exclusive though?

4. that_maynard

They have it at Sprint and also Sams Club mobile. Just the edges looked slightly pink. Maybe it was just the one I saw in the store.

5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

the white evo was only exclusive to Best buy for a limited time...it should now start showing up at other retailers. Radio Shack now has them too...

the frame below the case is red..I have seen some instances where the red peaks through and reflects off of the white ...and thus looks like the phone has pink edges

6. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

I just got my wife the White Evo from the Sprint store here in Columbus, Ohio. NO pink, the camera has red around it, that's about it

7. Sabre66

Sabre66 Well-Known Member

I can confirm that the white band does show a hint of pink. It's the red core material bleeding through the white overcoat. Not on the actual removable back plate, but the white border. I just got my version 0004 from Best Buy last night and didn't notice it in the low store lighting, but saw it plain as day in the daylight.

I may go back and ask to see another one and if not pink I will swap out. I'm secure enough in my manhood to deal with it, but it's kind of hard to NOT see it once you've seen it (if you know what I mean).

8. that_maynard

That's what I have noticed with the white ones, once you notice the slight pink it is hard not to see it. But they are sexy white or black.

9. Sabre66

Sabre66 Well-Known Member

I have a feeling it may be the version 0004's that have this "pink effect" due to a new manufacturing process. It just seems that the glossy white finish is not applied as thickly as it should be on that band around the bottom of the phone.

I'm getting a cover soon anyways and won't see it anymore once i do.

that_maynard is right..."they are sexy white or black."