Are you a clumsy texter and walker?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by breadnatty08, Jul 17, 2010.

1. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique
    VIP Member

Nov 8, 2009
    District of Columbia
    Samsung attempted to make this app for their users only (primarily Galaxy S phones), but the .apk has been uploaded for EVO users and it seems to work on my Droid. It basically turns on the camera and overlays a keyboard to text while you can "see thru" the phone. Kind of neat, and kind of a gimmick. Check it out:
    [Update] Samsung Brings Road SMS for the Galaxy S, Intends to Make Texting While Walking Easier | Android Phone Fans
    and the upload:
    http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/125370-samsung-road-sms-download.html

Advertisement
  2. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Central NJ
    This reminds me of the Blackberry Helmet video. If you think you need something like this, you actually need something very different: professional help.

breadnatty08 likes this.
  3. barry99705

barry99705 Well-Known Member

Yea, cause people text with their phone held straight out in front of them. Well I guess the people that text and drive do. Personally I think those people should be banned from driving for life.

G.Armour likes this.
  4. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to.
    VIP Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Truck driver/ driver mentor. I train people to dri
    Georgia
    Ha ha, that's actually pretty funny, I have seen people texting and walking and actually run into stuff.. I guess if they had this app, they could've avoided that.

5. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!

Nov 17, 2009
    Male
    I'm retired: every day's a Monday :P
    Manchester, TN
    When installing, some of the permissions are "Services that cost you money: directly call numbers, send SMS messages"... WTH? :eek:

6. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique
    VIP Member

Nov 8, 2009
    District of Columbia
    Yeah, after attempting to use this thing a couple times, I've abandoned it completely. I don't text all that much and if I'm walking a block to my bus stop, usually just reading FB or Engadget or something. There's no settings and with the Droid, I basically cover the camera with my finger anyway. Ah well, it was fun for a second.
    UncleMike, that video was hilarious, thanks!

7. twistedlim

twistedlim Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Michigan
    Yes I am a clumsy texter and yes I am a clumsy walker. I never combine the two.

8. supersaki

supersaki Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Calm down. That just means YOU have the ability to call people and text with the application. Otherwise it would be pretty worthless.. you could argue it already is, but i digress.