Are you exited?

Last Updated:

1. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I know a lot of Tmobilers where anxiously awaiting an android phone worthy of the competition (that cannot get a NEXUS) to be released. The time has come. who is getting it?

latest info

Advertisement
  2. DKYang

DKYang Well-Known Member

I was going to get it for sure, but after the Droid X was announced, I'm now a bit 50/50. I just wished it was released before the 20th since that's when my bill cycle ends, but whatever. Also, the pre-loaded apps on the Droid X is more useful to me then the ones coming with the Vibrant.

One more thing, the accessories that comes with the phones is a plus for me with the Droid X. So, if T-Mobile is going to release similar accessories with the Vibrant(mainly dock and car mount) then it's going to be a tough choice for me.

3. 03machme

03machme Well-Known Member

i will more than likely pick it up just because it seems like the only real superphone tmo will get in the next six months. if i can hold onto my G1 till the holidays i might do that but it is REALLY starting to show its age and i dont seem to have any other options. just sucks they took out the FFC

4. BiGMERF

im pretty sure the accessories are a givnen being that the samsung vibrant/galxy s will be cross carrier. im sure the connections will be the same

5. GODMODE

GODMODE Well-Known Member

It is both exciting and dissapointing. The deivce lacks:

True HSPA+ hardware
    A front facing camera
    Bluetooth 3.0. :) (not that many or any other phones do, but I'm power hungry)
    Abundant ram/rom (again power hungry here)

My choices were the galaxy-s or the dell streak. I guess I play the waiting game longer.

6. BiGMERF

there is no comparison.... vibrant>dell streak hands down. Nexus doesnt have true HSPA+ capability but i still get 4500 to 5000 download and .80 upload speeds. BLAZING

7. perpetual

perpetual Well-Known Member

this is a nice phone, but i'm more interested in the streak.

8. DKYang

DKYang Well-Known Member

I'm not worry about the connection. It's the dimensions of each phone. The design is a bit different besides the Vibrant/Fascinate. Also, just because it's going to be launched on all major carriers doesn't mean it will be backed up with loads of accessories. Only time will tell though.

9. BiGMERF

More of a market share means more of a chance. The nexus which is not as highly distributed as the galaxy will be. Probably the most poorly distributed powerhouse phone ever. But yet you can type Nexus one accessories into ebay search and a ton of products will come up

10. DKYang

DKYang Well-Known Member

*notice the bold*

You can do that with practically any phone. I'm talking about good quality docks, cases, and car mount specifically made for the Vibrant that charges and has aux plug. I somehow doubt there will be a car mount for this device; and no, not talking about the crappy ebay ones that come from China. Like I said before, only time will tell. Well, hopefully it'll come out with the launch date and not months after.

Yes, I know there is more of a chance of it getting accessories, but chance isn't a word I want to hear. I want to hear "it will" not "high probability." ;)

11. 03machme

03machme Well-Known Member

the one good thing about the vibrant is its a lot like the Euro version of the Galaxy S so im sure any of the millions of accessories they make for those ones will fit and work for ours prolly not the sprint or AT&T one

12. galaxyS

galaxyS Well-Known Member

ya i am!!

329$ retail price???? woooooottt!!!

13. BiGMERF

So you mean oem accessories only.

Sent from space

14. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

I've been excited since this was leaked way back when. And now that the hands on videos from the NYC event were released, I'm even more excited. I personally don't care about the lack of flash (night mode is pro) or the FFC. It's still a beast.

15. deeoh1084

deeoh1084 Well-Known Member

excited and disappointed.... i wish t-mobile would have got the Epic instead.. Epic is perfect phone for me... physical QWERTY keyboard, Flash for the camera, front facing camera..... dang... i'm getting depressed now.... i can't leave t-mobile since i work for t-mobile... damn... but i'm still going to get it!!

16. mrniceguys

mrniceguys Member

Can the silver lining around the phone be removed, or changed more like Verizon's Fascinate? That thing could attract sharks its so damn shinny & metallic.

The original Galaxy S dosen't have the silver lining does it?

17. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

I'm personally glad it doesn't have a keyboard. No need for it with Swype. Since you work for TMo, have you not got your hands on the Slide? I had it for a week and it seemed Snapdragon-ish with how snappy it was.

18. chaoscentral

chaoscentral Well-Known Member

Ummmm correct me if I'm wrong, but it has bluetooth 3.0, and 512MB of RAM and 16GB of ROM....

19. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

I would pick this over the Streak.

20. chaoscentral

it needs to be the 21st already! I need my new super phone lol

21. Ashido

Ashido Active Member

you think on the 21st I should be able to walk into any T-Mobile store and buy it on the spot?

22. chaoscentral

hope so lol thats what I'll be doing but if its anything like the hd2 launch day Imma have to go very very early