Are you experiencing the "Oreo Effect"?Support

Last Updated:

1. epicIllini

epicIllini Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys,
    I've been looking at these forums for some time now but I just decided to register. So here's my first thread posting:

I just bought an Epic 4g and I love it. However, I do think that I'm experiencing the oreo effect. For example, I can slightly rotate the top part when it's closed. Also, when I'm typing in landscape mode (with the software keyboard) I can shift the top portion of the phone to the right and left by pushing with my thumbs.

Are these things normal? Are you experiencing the same thing? Overall my phone doesn't feel as "secure/sturdy" as it should. This is my first slider so maybe I am just not used to this sort of thing.

Share your experiences...

Advertisement
  2. Android XTC

Android XTC Banned

Yup normal. Go to a Sprint store and play with the displays.

3. epicIllini

epicIllini Member This Topic's Starter

Yea, I think I'm going to do that. I'm in college now so I dont have access to a Sprint store but I'm going home for the weekend so I will go to a Sprint store back home. On one hand I'm glad that I'm not the only one with these problems, but on the other hand I wish the sliding mechanism was better.

I love everything about this phone except for how much it wobbles/rotates.

4. Android XTC

Android XTC Banned

You could also hit up a best buy or radio shack store

5. pablo.station

pablo.station Well-Known Member

its normal, I checked two different sprint stores today. Remember, its a large device with a large slide out keyboard. Its gonna wiggle some.

6. scrufton

scrufton Active Member

Anyone here have a psp go? I wish the slider was more like that. Super smooth with no wobble.