• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Are you experiencing the "Oreo Effect"?

epicIllini

Sep 22, 2010
Hey guys,
I've been looking at these forums for some time now but I just decided to register. So here's my first thread posting:

I just bought an Epic 4g and I love it. However, I do think that I'm experiencing the oreo effect. For example, I can slightly rotate the top part when it's closed. Also, when I'm typing in landscape mode (with the software keyboard) I can shift the top portion of the phone to the right and left by pushing with my thumbs.

Are these things normal? Are you experiencing the same thing? Overall my phone doesn't feel as "secure/sturdy" as it should. This is my first slider so maybe I am just not used to this sort of thing.

Share your experiences...

Yup normal. Go to a Sprint store and play with the displays.

Yea, I think I'm going to do that. I'm in college now so I dont have access to a Sprint store but I'm going home for the weekend so I will go to a Sprint store back home. On one hand I'm glad that I'm not the only one with these problems, but on the other hand I wish the sliding mechanism was better.

I love everything about this phone except for how much it wobbles/rotates.

Upvote 0
Yea, I think I'm going to do that. I'm in college now so I dont have access to a Sprint store but I'm going home for the weekend so I will go to a Sprint store back home. On one hand I'm glad that I'm not the only one with these problems, but on the other hand I wish the sliding mechanism was better.

I love everything about this phone except for how much it wobbles/rotates.

You could also hit up a best buy or radio shack store

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones