are you getting the X because you want people to drool and gawk over your phone?

Last Updated:

1. ucla2042

ucla2042 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

im not gonna like, this was part of the reason i took back my DINC. i wanted the new hotness, and the size and build of the X is definitely gonna turn heads. cant wait to pull this puppy out and have people ask questions about it.:D

Advertisement
  2. benjiedude

benjiedude Well-Known Member

No. I'm doing this because I really want the functionality of the phone for business and personal multitasking. Any drooling from onlookers is a bonus!

3. Gamble

Gamble Well-Known Member

No, that's what cars and houses are for. ;)

I'm getting one because my upgrade is due, it's the hottest Android phone to date, the 4.3" screen, Google Maps GPS + Car Dock, OMAP processor, I could go on and on...

4. Exiled

Exiled Well-Known Member

Not entirely, but bragging rights will certainly be a plus!
    My friend has been annoying the hell outta me with her iCrap 4 and I can't wait to show off my X and put her iPhone to shame.

5. ucla2042

ucla2042 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

you cant show them those things while waiting in line at the movies for the newest TWILIGHT release. thats when i pull out my phone. actually im going to do this when i watch Inception. next wekeend is going to be the greatest weekend of the summer!! DROID X v INCEPTION

6. jdaud

jdaud Well-Known Member

I'm going to bedazzle mine

jnolan88 and Boomerang like this.
  7. kennyyu

kennyyu Well-Known Member

LOL people did that with my former incredible. But after having that, i'd rather have overall functionality which i'm sure the X will deliver.

8. AJ_EVO

AJ_EVO Well-Known Member

That sounds fabulous!! Can you help bedazzle mine?

9. Texas Tornado

Texas Tornado Active Member

I work at an I.T Department for a large chemical plant here in south texas, there are 4 Android device owners (3 droids, 1 eris) and 5 iPhail 4 users! I've already put my OC'd droid running BBv0.4 P3 1.0ghz against their iPhails and fair pretty well. The FUNNY thing is that where I live AND work, THERE IS NO AT&T 3G coverage at ALL! LOLOL! I make fun of them everyday for buying a 3g phone with no 3g coverage here at ALL!!! Its like buying a ferrari, and only driving it 30mph =/

Anyways, I've already won the Droid X vs. Iphone 4 battles in every area except screen resolution but I often make fun of them for not knowing WTF a Retina display is and having it on a small screen.

I can't wait to bring my Droid X in and let it decimate their phones, especially when 2.2 comes out :D

10. Greavous

Greavous Well-Known Member

Im getting one because my Moment absolutely sucks and is so bug ridden you just cant count on it. Figure why not step into the latest and greatest while im at it.

11. anthonygobot

anthonygobot Well-Known Member

This will be the first phone I have bought myself (other than the freebies with contracts). I always end up getting someones hand me down and when my bro got his DINC I was impressed. No one believes I will pay $200 for this phone but by god I was the first to preorder at BB.

12. jdaud

jdaud Well-Known Member

Sure. We can bedazzle big fire engine red apples on them

13. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

I have pre-ordered mine at BB because I'm currently on AT&T and after comparing the phones that Verizon offers, I really feel this is the one that gives me everything that I want and more. The Incredible is amazing but the Droid X seems far more impressive IMO

14. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

I just want it because it looks awesome and i need a bigger screen to make it easier to see and watch things on it. Drooling people is always a plus lol

15. rembrandtqeinstein

rembrandtqeinstein Member

I am getting a Droid X because after waiting 4+ weeks for the Dinc, the salesperson got my oder confused with someone else's and canceled it. He admitted his error but it put me back in the 4-6 week wait queue for the Dinc so I ordered a Droid X instead.

16. thecrock0984

thecrock0984 Well-Known Member

If i wanted people to look, id get a Inc. I dont wanna explain the gimmck looking hump and cheap plasticy physical buttons.

17. Rimzy

Rimzy Well-Known Member

I want it because of all its awesome goodness, it also is my first smartphone so i want it to be memorable, hehe, anddd, yes, my classmates got the isuck and i cannot stand it anymore, i cant wait to show them mine in class and let thier heads collectively explode!

18. shadowangel

shadowangel Well-Known Member

Trolling?

19. Gamble

Gamble Well-Known Member

I would never go watch a Twilight movie period, let alone wait in line to watch it. Might as well go wait in an iFail 4 line with the other zombies instead lol.

Just kidding, but I am 28 with a wife and two kids, so I guess my priorities are different. ;)

20. droidSPARX

droidSPARX Well-Known Member

I'm tired of my iPhone Ui. I want something new to play with.

no way in hell I'm going to bend over for Att Data plan

21. cousinscott

cousinscott Member

...so I can drool over a device that finally utilizes every penny of my (until now) overpriced data plan. Paying $30 plus taxes for data on a device (Storm) that can't even surf the web efficiently was pushing my buttons! Hello X!

22. Texas Tornado

Texas Tornado Active Member

I remember my first...

23. sanjeeva7

sanjeeva7 Well-Known Member

My NE2 early upgrade started in March and I was about the jump on the Dinc for $49 (corporate discount) when the strong rumors about the Shawdow/X became reality. This will be my first personal smartphone.

24. JazzMat

JazzMat Well-Known Member

I'm getting mine because with my big mitts, bigger is very definitely better. Others drooling over the phone will be a side benefit, but will only last until the next gotta-have-it phone makes its appearance a few more months down the road. And to anyone expecting iPhone fans to drool over the X: Ain't gonna happen. Apple chauvinism is a very powerful phenomenon.

25. bc6droid

bc6droid Active Member

Nope I didnt want a X so people can drool all over it. I wanted an X because by trade Im an IT Administrator and us IT guys gotta have the latest and greatest technology. Who can argue that the X isnt the greatest and latest technology out there, well maybe in Japan they can lol.