Are you going to get the Galaxy S6? -Specs, carrier, discussion, and $$$DEALS$$$General

Are you going to grab this new gem?

1. Absolutely- Love the phone design & features!

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  2. Looking more at the S6 Edge

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. Think I'll wait a bit before jumping in

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. It's not for me, I'm looking for something else or staying with what I have

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  1. SolApathy

SolApathy Cleverness is not wisdom Guide

Guides and mods please feel free to edit and add reviews

Who here is looking to grab one of these new phones when they hit the gates next month? There is a lot to be excited about with the S6- Tell us what you think & what you are excited about!

Full specs listing

Below are the links to register for email notifications for specific carriers!

SPRINT PRE-REGISTER FOR RELEASE S6 LINK
    AT&T PRE-REGISTER FOR RELEASE S6 LINK
    VERIZON PRE-REGISTER FOR RELEASE S6 LINK
    T-MOBILE PRE-REGISTER FOR RELEASE S6 LINK

Advertisement
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  2. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Well-Known Member

I like the change in materials and have learned from my OnePlus One that I can live without an SD card slot and removable battery. I highly value a top-notch camera, especially with OIS, and the most recent crop of Super AMOLED displays coming on Samsung flagships (starting with the Note 3) all look fantastic. The performance of the new 14nm Exynos SOC is also quite impressive, superior to the SD810. I find the S6 very tempting, but...

K N O X

This time around, not only does rooting your phone and tripping Knox earn you a voided warranty, but now it likely removes features (Samsung Pay) that cannot be brought back.
    NOPE

I'm also not fond of the prospect of never being able to run a non-Touchwiz ROM based on AOSP / CyanogenMod.
    mikedt likes this.
  3. molian

molian New Member

Need more information. I will not decide whether to jump in until more users share their experiences.
  4. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Also, NOPE.

Knox doesn't offer anything I particularly need. Also I think the price could be rather high as well, especially the 64 or 128GB versions, given that it doesn't have SD storage, and cloud storage for my music and other media is not an option.
    CafeKampuchia likes this.
  5. CafeKampuchia

From what I can tell, 90% of consumers don't need it or even know what it does. It's just a clever way for Samsung to bury a warranty-breaking mechanism within a useless "feature."
  6. SolApathy

Knox really concerns me, because it should not void your warranty, especially with hardware related problems. It looks like HTC and Samsung are taking opposite sides in regards to warranty offerings and rooting. I have owned a few Samsung devices and liked how over time they learned to tone down the touchwiz interface. I don't care for the lack of SD card. IT would not be an issue if device prices were in line with the cost of the external SD cards (or even just a touch more expensive) Until that happens I will be looking at devices with external storage capabilities.

I love rooting, and the saving large format image files which takes up a lot of room really quickly Hopefully Samsung backs off the Knox warranty breaker/feature breaker.
  7. CafeKampuchia

It should be said that tripping the Knox flag does not universally void your warranty. For example, in Europe, consumers have more rights and usually get warranty service for hardware issues. In other countries, Samsung is more strict, and there are exceptions to both.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  8. Tidybitz

Tidybitz Member

Will definitely be giving this phone a miss, no removable battery and no sd card facility, I wouldn't have a phone without these things, am staying with my S4 for now and will maybe shop around at a later date. Disappointed!
    jaymzway likes this.
  9. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste Guide

SolApathy likes this.
  10. SolApathy

Good article. At least you have the option to download most of the apps from the play store. Personally I don't like bloat at all and prefer the slimmed down version, though I am curious why they removed the optimizer for balancing LTE/WiFi.
  11. LouieLou74

LouieLou74 Well-Known Member

Anyone else getting the feeling this is more and more like the IPHONE??? Sadly my S5 will be the last Samsung phone i ever buy. I may have to look to the Nexus or to HTC for my next phone.
  12. joe1016zw

joe1016zw New Member

Good interseting forum...