• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are you going to get the Galaxy S6? -Specs, carrier, discussion, and $$$DEALS$$$

Are you going to grab this new gem?

• Absolutely- Love the phone design & features!

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Looking more at the S6 Edge

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Think I'll wait a bit before jumping in

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • It's not for me, I'm looking for something else or staying with what I have

Votes: 10 35.7%

• Total voters

SolApathy

Just another robot
Jun 1, 2010
Ohio
www.billspcrepair.net
Guides and mods please feel free to edit and add reviews

Who here is looking to grab one of these new phones when they hit the gates next month? There is a lot to be excited about with the S6- Tell us what you think & what you are excited about!

Full specs listing

Below are the links to register for email notifications for specific carriers!

SPRINT PRE-REGISTER FOR RELEASE S6 LINK
AT&T PRE-REGISTER FOR RELEASE S6 LINK
VERIZON PRE-REGISTER FOR RELEASE S6 LINK
T-MOBILE PRE-REGISTER FOR RELEASE S6 LINK

Last edited:
I like the change in materials and have learned from my OnePlus One that I can live without an SD card slot and removable battery. I highly value a top-notch camera, especially with OIS, and the most recent crop of Super AMOLED displays coming on Samsung flagships (starting with the Note 3) all look fantastic. The performance of the new 14nm Exynos SOC is also quite impressive, superior to the SD810. I find the S6 very tempting, but...

K N O X

This time around, not only does rooting your phone and tripping Knox earn you a voided warranty, but now it likely removes features (Samsung Pay) that cannot be brought back.
Chainfire said:
Before actually rooting though, consider that KNOX will likely be tripped, and there’s a good chance untripped KNOX will be required for phone based payments.
NOPE

I'm also not fond of the prospect of never being able to run a non-Touchwiz ROM based on AOSP / CyanogenMod.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
I like the change in materials and have learned from my OnePlus One that I can live without an SD card slot and removable battery. I highly value a top-notch camera, especially with OIS, and the most recent crop of Super AMOLED displays coming on Samsung flagships (starting with the Note 3) all look fantastic. The performance of the new 14nm Exynos SOC is also quite impressive, superior to the SD810. I find the S6 very tempting, but...

K N O X

This time around, not only does rooting your phone and tripping Knox earn you a voided warranty, but now it likely removes features (Samsung Pay) that cannot be brought back.
NOPE

I'm also not fond of the prospect of never being able to run a non-Touchwiz ROM based on AOSP / CyanogenMod.

Also, NOPE.

Knox doesn't offer anything I particularly need. Also I think the price could be rather high as well, especially the 64 or 128GB versions, given that it doesn't have SD storage, and cloud storage for my music and other media is not an option.

Reactions: CafeKampuchia
Upvote 0
Knox really concerns me, because it should not void your warranty, especially with hardware related problems. It looks like HTC and Samsung are taking opposite sides in regards to warranty offerings and rooting. I have owned a few Samsung devices and liked how over time they learned to tone down the touchwiz interface. I don't care for the lack of SD card. IT would not be an issue if device prices were in line with the cost of the external SD cards (or even just a touch more expensive) Until that happens I will be looking at devices with external storage capabilities.

I love rooting, and the saving large format image files which takes up a lot of room really quickly Hopefully Samsung backs off the Knox warranty breaker/feature breaker.

Upvote 0
It should be said that tripping the Knox flag does not universally void your warranty. For example, in Europe, consumers have more rights and usually get warranty service for hardware issues. In other countries, Samsung is more strict, and there are exceptions to both.
Yes, in the Netherlands rooted phones are also under warrenty now.

Reactions: SolApathy
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones