• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are you going to get the HTC M8 -Specs, carrier, discussion, and $$$DEALS$$$

Be sure to look at the total cost of the phone over the contract life when comparing carriers/offers. As well as termination fees.

Also, even though you're paying for the balance of the phone cost in the contract price with verizon, that amount keeps being charged even if you don't upgrade your phone after the 2 year contract expires.

Thanks for putting that out there. I was wondering what the "hitch" was. I wanted to get on edge so that when phone is paid off I can get that "cheaper price". Hahaha, jokes on me.

Since the M8 is midlife I am holding out for whatever the M9 (or whatever they deem to call it). I am hoping for goodie upgrades over the M8. LOL. I have been HTC through all my phones and while shopping for a new one I am finding it hard to get something I just have to have that is much better than my HTC Droid DNA.

Upvote 0
I am currently using an LG optimus l90, for a cheap prepaid phone it's not bad however the last few weeks it's been having issues mainly overheating and freezing up. Yesterday it wouldn't power on for about five minutes. So while i hav been looking at moving to something new i have been putting it off. So here's my question about the HTC M8 one for those who own it, what's the biggest con about the phone, the one thing you can't stand?

Upvote 0
I am currently using an LG optimus l90, for a cheap prepaid phone it's not bad however the last few weeks it's been having issues mainly overheating and freezing up. Yesterday it wouldn't power on for about five minutes. So while i hav been looking at moving to something new i have been putting it off. So here's my question about the HTC M8 one for those who own it, what's the biggest con about the phone, the one thing you can't stand?

Honestly, there is nothing I can't stand. It's an awesome piece of technology. The only quirkiness I have not been able to overlook is the phone is very slippery so a case is a must for me, but I've had a case for every. phone I've owned so it's not an issue anyhow.

Upvote 0
Hey all, I picked up an M8 (Vzw) during the Tuesday sale. I currently have an OG Moto X and am pretty excited for some Lollipop love soon (but who knows w/ vzw...)

I haven't received the phone, but wanted to know what you guys thought? I love my Moto X. It's a bit small, but that can be comfortable at times. It's currently unrootable, which is a huge bummer.

So I'm a bit torn between keeping the M8 or selling it and sticking w/ my Moto X. What do you think?

Upvote 0
If it's as fast as everyone says, then I've made my decision and the M8 is it for me. Seems people are generally happy with the beast. No headphones with the phone though right?

I know the Sprint version comes with - but - they're really cheesy. They work, that's it. The Sprint HK model is the only one I'm aware of with decent headphones.

If you're really into sound and rooting, you can install the Harman Kardon firmware and software - then with good headphones it's just outstanding.

Reactions: kct1975
Upvote 0
I got this thing pretty much at launch, and I'm still extremely pleased with it. It's great stock, now with root, it's fantastic!

Like EM said, with the Harmon Kardon mod, it's the best sounding electronic music player I've had yet. That does include both Android and apple products. I've found my music library again, which hasn't been used in a while.

If you're worried about the camera, don't! It's perfectly capable of producing great looking photos. With root, you can produce even better photos with a few mods.

Downside, it's slippery. I dropped it the day I got it. It's got a few marks and a small dent from that fall. Get a case, no excuses.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Been a while since I last dropped-by M8 land.
Just was curious & possibly out-to-lunch:
Has the M8 been absent from the T-MOBILE site for a while,or,possibly just recently removed/discontinued(?),as it's only showing up in the WINDOWS variety.
I'm on their site frequently & usually look at what's available,on the chance there's a good deal to be found.
Could have overlooked this of late,w/the M9 due to drop any time now.
Still available direct from HTC,marked down to $499:
http://www.htc.com/us/go/buy-now-htc-one-m8/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones