Are you going to get the HTC M8 -Specs, carrier, discussion, and $$$DEALS$$$General

Last Updated:

1. whitehat

whitehat Well-Known Member

I think he said the slot on one side was for a "nano SD card" and the slot on the other was for the sim card.

I wish it had a removable battery.

LG G2 pro, HTC M8, or Sony Experia Z2 - Decisions, decisions, decisions.

2. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

Removable storage is more important to me than a removable battery. I've never owned a phone that I couldn't snap in another battery. I've never owned a phone that I didn't purchase an additional battery for. I can't remember every snapping in another battery.
    I guess it's not so big a deal and certainly not a deal breaker for me. So, if the back doesn't come off, I'm still all over this bad boy.
  3. olbriar

One day closer to release date. I'm starting my deep breathing drills.
  4. JonathanWhitey

JonathanWhitey Well-Known Member

I'll probably be picking this up in mid July. Getting tired of my midrange phone... Probably would have gone with gs5 but Knox looks like a pain. I also love the design of the new HTC one according to the leaked vid.
  5. JonathanWhitey

JonathanWhitey Well-Known Member

I've found that phones with removable backs begin to lookb bad over time. Hinges come loose and such.
  6. SaleenFiend

SaleenFiend Well-Known Member

I'm out. Next phone will be a Sony or LG. I've owned over 6 HTC flagships, and I'm tired of the same ole same ole. Sense has only slightly changed and the phones have only grown incrementally. The One is the best phone when you really look at the changes, but this company is slowly fading into oblivion.
  7. olbriar

Have you seen these about. Here is the latest

8. dgreen

dgreen Well-Known Member

I'm actually leaning towards this over the S5. They both look like great phones, and I'm waiting til this actually launches to compare specs. Like someone else mentioned the whole Knox thing may be the difference maker.
  9. olbriar

10. RandyF

RandyF Member

...did they get fired/sued, or what? Links/proof? I say we start a paypal "fund" to help them out. Sure, he messed up, but in the end, this was GOOD press for the phone/company, and suing them will only harm HTC.
  11. dgreen

dgreen Well-Known Member

Noone really knows for sure what happened to them. There were tweets insinutating they got fired from the kid that leaked it, but then someone else tweeted that they weren't. The kid doesn't exactly seem trustworthy to me after reading his tweets so its hard to take him at his word.
  12. olbriar

13. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

The pics in the first 2 between them show slots on both sides, supporting the SD rumour.
  14. olbriar

15. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Well-Known Member

16. SolApathy

SolApathy Cleverness is not wisdom Guide

17. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

Hmmm, looks like this will be my upgrade if the timing is right. We'll see. :D

I'm interested to see what Sprint will offer the phone for, if it even offers this phone. Will we get this phone or a modded version with the Evo brand?

Regardless, this is a nice looking device, specs aren't too shabby either. Micro SD card slot is a must in my book.
    quijibo likes this.
  18. dgreen

dgreen Well-Known Member

19. SolApathy

SolApathy Cleverness is not wisdom Guide

Going out on a limb and going to say that sale was a scam. The picture on the box is worn and faded and looks like it was photoshopped and made grainy to hide tell-tale artifacts of shopping the pic.

Not to mention I can't see them naming it the HTC One on the front of the box.
  20. grokr989

grokr989 Well-Known Member

Must be a slow day today, no leaks :sleep: maybe cause it's Friday...
  21. grokr989

grokr989 Well-Known Member

22. Blade of 3

Blade of 3 Well-Known Member

I'm skeptical about the "all new" htc one sale. The picture does look like a remastered leak picture. Though, the specs look very believable. Still praying they will outdo Samsung with a 2,900 or 3,000 mAh battery. That would be a decision changer for many.
  23. Skipdawg

Skipdawg Well-Known Member

Chances should be good that this phone will get Android 4.5 Lollipop would you all not think?
  24. dgreen

dgreen Well-Known Member

I'm sure it will get the next version of Android. We'll have to wait for that to come out though.
    Skipdawg likes this.