• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are you going to get the HTC M9 -Specs, carrier, discussion, and $$$DEALS$$$- U.S. release April 10

What color will you get or are you waiting for a "Max"version

• Gunmetal Grey

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Silver and Gold

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Passion Pink (yeah I took some creative license)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gold

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Waiting for the Max version

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Meh...Not impressed-looking at something else!

Votes: 6 16.7%

• Total voters

SolApathy

Just another robot
Jun 1, 2010
Ohio
www.billspcrepair.net
Guides and mods please feel free to edit and add reviews

**The difference between an Unlocked and Developer Smartphone & what carriers developer editions are compatible with** -Read the link before purchasing a developer edition to ensure compatibility with your carrier

SPRINT PRE-REGISTER FOR RELEASE M9 LINK
AT&T PRE-REGISTER FOR RELEASE M9 LINK
VERIZON PRE-REGISTER FOR RELEASE M9 LINK
T-MOBILE PRE-REGISTER FOR RELEASE M9 LINK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UK/International links
CARPHONE WAREHOUSE PRE-REGISTER FOR RELEASE M9 LINK

So what are you getting? Let us know!
This post will be updated with reviews and relevant information!

Here is a link to the recorded M9 launch if you missed it

-Thanks for the catch Kolio
Capture.PNG
Links on stories/reviews relating to the M9 below

March 1st- 2015
CNET M9 Preview
Engadget says camera is sub par (**PRE RELEASE VERSION -hands on test**)
The Verge review

Last edited:
Reactions: KOLIO
Waiting on a MAX variant,hoping for something w/overall dimensions scaled just like the M9 & a bit smaller than the NOTE4.
A 5.5" display would be OK w/me.Basically,the same overall dimensions as the LG G3 w/a little extra in height/length to accommodate the front-facing speakers.

Upvote 0
Yeah the on screen power button is an interesting change... Hopefully they will make some buttons customizable, or at least the 4th one. Not that it matters to me, once I root it that is :)

There will most likely be 2 variants of the "Ultra". The Asian version will most likely launch first with the MK chipset, then a second version with the Snapdragon processor.

Upvote 0
I confess, I like that blue even better than the red one Verizon got - by about this >< much.

I'm especially interested in how the battery does with 3 GB ram vs the the rest of the system.

The real performance story is going to break out when we find out if it's using Samsung's new storage technology or not, and what sort of ram we're looking at here.

Another interesting point not explored in the prerelease thread - it's available in both 32 and 64 GB versions. Is the 64 going to be just the developer model?

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
I'm especially interested in how the battery does with 3 GB ram vs the the rest of the system.
The real performance story is going to break out when we find out if it's using Samsung's new storage technology or not, and what sort of ram we're looking at here.
Another interesting point not explored in the prerelease thread - it's available in both 32 and 64 GB versions. Is the 64 going to be just the developer model?

As for a 64GB variant,I just watched a TechnoBuffalo vid on the M9 & he quoted HTC as sticking w/32GB for the foreseeable future (FF to 6:45):

Let's hope he was mistaken/mislead/misinformed.;)

Upvote 0
Gsmarena reporting that of the four, the gunmetal gray and the amber gold are NOT two-tone.

Other colors reported are Silver/Rose gold, Gold/Pink.

Gsmarena agrees that the weight is only 3 grams less massive.

On the record - lmao at the comments everywhere that it's a brick now because it's thicker.

And it is - by 1/100th of an inch.

Yes. That's the crossover from sleek to brick.

Well done Samsung, your trolls are earning their peanuts today! :D

Upvote 0
http://www.htc.com/us/smartphones/htc-one-m9/

24-bit audio support for everyone - woo hoo!

For those at home, it means that the best part of the exclusively Spirit M8 Harman Kardon edition (available to others only with an s-off root mod and an installer contribution by yours truly) is now available for you.

That's a far superior DSP firmware, even for your regular music.

The best just got better. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones