Are You going to switch?

1. quacles

quacles Well-Known Member

So, I heard a bunch of new phones are coming out for Virgin Mobile, I'm really excited. So, far what I've gathered there is going to be:

LG Optimus Elite

HTC Evo 3d

HTC One something or the other.

I would love to switch to the Evo 3D, but I will probably end up going with the Optimus Elite. Though I've come to know the people of the Optimus V forums (although they probably don't know me back), so I am scared to leave. :eek:

What about you?

Advertisement
    :
  2. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

I have been considering the Optimus Elite myself. I'd really like a larger screen, but since I just got a 10.1" tablet for my birthday last week I'm not as anxious to upgrade as I had been.
  3. andid

andid Active Member

Im not sure, it seems like a waste when my optimus v is still working great the optimus doesnt seem like that much of an upgrade ,i will also lose my grandfathered plan,but the other two phones rumored to be coming out may make it worth it!
  4. thebryceee

thebryceee Well-Known Member

You might be able to keep your grandfathered $25 plan if the Optimus Elite is released before 5/27....it's currently listed on walmart.com. I may or may not upgrade to Evo V (3D), depending if there's a surcharge for 4G. If there is, I'm getting a Galaxy Nexus and switching to tmo 4G prepaid.
  5. kangarooant

kangarooant Well-Known Member

I left t mobile to come to virgin its cheaper for what I use instead of there unlimited plan and I get like almost twice the amount of mins! im pretty happy with my speed. I average 400kbs to 1.5mbs down 200 in rough areas lol
  6. thebryceee

Fastest I got was 2.4mbps down. My usual peak hour speed is around 1.8-2mbps
    kangarooant likes this.
  7. Seanette

Seanette Well-Known Member

My Triumph could use some tweaking, but I'm content enough that I'd rather put the money toward a new sofa vs. replacing a phone I just got in March. :)
    don2775, andid and kangarooant like this.
  8. kangarooant

thats great what area u live in
  9. kangarooant

same lol I got my ov in march I think lol
    don2775 likes this.
  10. thebryceee

Vegas lol

Some places with limited coverage, like around the mountains, I get around 100-400kbps.
  11. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

When I get ready to upgrade my phone, I'll be going to T-Mobile; data speeds are a joke (40-100K dl on a good day in spite of having several towers in my area), CS is awful, and screwing long time customers out of their grandfathered plan is not acceptable to me. T-Mo has above avg service in my area, and the 5 gig data/100 min talk suits me better.
  12. jm101

jm101 Well-Known Member

Ha ha! Planning on doing the same thing. I don't really mind my Optimus V or my grandfathered plan. I've had it for almost a year now and it could definitely be worse. Fortunately I've had very little problems so I haven't had to contact customer service very much. It feels like I had better coverage when I had T-Mobile before though.

The part that really annoys me is the new policy on putting new smartphones on old plans. The Exhibit II through T-Mobile looked great at first but some of the reviews are bad so I'll probably hold off until they come out with a new handset or if I can get an unlocked phone. One thing I heard about the $30/month T-Mobile 4G plan was that when you go to an area not serviced by 4G the connection is downgraded to EDGE. But I guess since 4G is being rolled out more and more that will hopefully no longer be much of an issue.
  13. zachavm

zachavm Well-Known Member

Even though T-Mobile sells pre-paid specific phones, you can use any T-mobile or unlocked phone with the pre-paid. Consequently, I plan on picking up a used phone like the HTC Sensation, GSII, or the Galaxy Nexus to use with T-Mobile.

As for the No 3G thing, that seems wrong, but I don't know for sure.
  14. jm101

jm101 Well-Known Member

Seems wrong to me too but that's what I read on an Amazon review for the Exhibit II 4G. I am definitely liking the sound of the T-Mobile $30/month plan. Even though it's $5 extra a month it sounds worth the extra speed.

I am just still happy to have the Optimus V for now. The T-Mobile Comet I had before was a joke. :D
  15. marc12868

marc12868 Well-Known Member Contributor

What I understand just from reading this, is that if you go out of 3g/ 4g coverage it drops down to 2g speeds (which all the 1900mhz bands which is 2g will soon be 3g/ 4g as well as their 1700mhz /2100 mhz band which is their 3g/ 4g bands right now.). It's the same thing if you went out of 3g coverage with VM you would drop to 1x. It makes sense. I think you guys are just overthinking it ;). Anyways less T-mo talk and more VM talk in the Virgin Mobile section. You can always go to the T-mo section and talk about it.
    jm101 and kangarooant like this.
  16. gary93

gary93 Well-Known Member

May be going for the Evo v. I don't use the data that much anyway. I don't know how people use more than 2gb a month of data on the phone. MT battery runs out fast and my average data use is around 300 mb per month...
    kangarooant likes this.
  17. kangarooant

all about personal pref and needs
  18. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

I am so looking forward to my Evo V, been through 6 Triumphs in 2 months so I was glad to sell that NIB with a crapload of spares last week before the prices tank. No way Virgin can continue to justify $280 once there is a $300 Evo sitting next to it on a shelf. Doubt you'll be able to get $180 for it in a week.