Are you happy?

Last Updated:

1. hllwyh

hllwyh Active Member This Topic's Starter

So you bought a N1? Now that you have had it awhile are you happy?

I bought mine a few weeks ago. I was out of contract with TMO and could have gone with the Droid, iPhone, etc., but I chose the N1 and because I wanted to stay on a family plan I paid full price for the phone. After using the N1 for a few weeks I have decided that yes I am happy and would do it again.

With the slow sales reported by Google, the lawsuits, TMO servcie and the little N1 glitches I am wondering how many of you are still glad that you bought an N1?

So are you happy with the N1?

Advertisement
  2. acjei

acjei Well-Known Member

yea for the most part im happy..but for some reason my Sim card contacts will not show up..i just made a thread bout it. but yea this phone is still amazing

3. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

Rooted it, never looked back, happy as a clam.

4. daffyduck

daffyduck Well-Known Member

Love it, rooted it as well.....have a few app issues as a result, but love the ability to tinker with it as much as you want.

5. oniongirl

oniongirl Well-Known Member

Bought it, loved it, played with it, loved it more. Next step is rooting, but I'm holding off for now. Not sure why. Maybe to extend the excitement! Definitely no regrets. Although I regret that Google were rubbish enough to release the desktop dock after I bought it. UK purchasers are unlikely to want to pay shipping twice which almost doubles its price.

6. VMac

VMac Member

It has far exceeded my expectations. And as far as the "little N1 glitches" -- the nexus seems to have had significantly fewer bugs and issues than most first generation phones (especially the iPhone).

greggds likes this.
  7. smitty24

smitty24 Well-Known Member

ditto. There are a few 'glitches' i wish they would get fixed. but overall im happy.

8. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

not overly joyed but somewhere between satisfied and happy

9. NexusMMM

NexusMMM Well-Known Member

Sim contacts?? that's so 1999 :p

10. SnotF

SnotF Well-Known Member

I eas moderately happy till I rooted. Now, ecstatic. LOVE this phone.

11. Soupdragon

Soupdragon Well-Known Member

Oh! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Oh God, YES!!* :D:D

* copyright Meg Ryan 1989

I love it, it meets all my expectations and more. I was sceptical about buying it "unseen" - having only ever had very small, lightweight phones that are easily carried in pockets I feared it would be a bit cumbersome, but I needn't have worried at all.
    I've had it over a month now and I'm still completely enchanted by it.

12. CodeMonkey

CodeMonkey Well-Known Member

Very happy.

My Brodit holder arrived today so now I'm running Trapster in the car again (as I did with my Magic). What a screen!!!

13. rubi76

rubi76 Well-Known Member

best phone i have ever had.

14. Miss Spicy McHaggis

Miss Spicy McHaggis Well-Known Member

i am so in love with my phone. i treat it better than i would a child. i want to root mine but idk...not totally sure about it..i'm happy with the way it is...

15. outoffocus

outoffocus Well-Known Member

In a nutshell. I used to lug my laptop everywhere I went (I'm a freelancer). Now I have this amazing tiny device and the cloud data to back me up. Sure there will be others and the Iphone is also sweet. Can't really go wrong with either but one thing is certain.. these devices will change the way you connect to data and people.

16. AnotherFatalEpic

AnotherFatalEpic Well-Known Member

I am ecstatic. I almost bought an iPhone, glad I didn't.

(Even though I gotta send it back tomorrow for a 2-week repair / dust under the screen)

17. hllwyh

hllwyh Active Member This Topic's Starter

That is amazing that you have had this issue and still have such a positive view on this phone, but I have to agree with your conclusion. I am glad I bought the N1 as well. This is the phone I was waiting for and it has not disappointed me yet.

18. chris4chelsea

chris4chelsea Well-Known Member

pretty awesome, but a little here and there not up to standard. i used htc hero before and now n1. i m also keeping the hero. but somehow i feel that the sense UI improved the overall usability of the hero which the n1 is lacking... but n1 is fast.

19. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

Root and put a Desire ROM on it and you'll have the best of both worlds. :)

20. laughter95

laughter95 Well-Known Member

didn't like it that much at first, after switching the device a few times for dust and then getting the right apps to increase functionality the phone really shines. new apps come out like swype that really make me love this phone more and more. with it's fast performance now it's likely that I'll love this phone even more when google updates it to increase the ram.

even adding new wallpapers make me feel like it's a new phone because the screen is so sharp and vibrant. really, there's not much to complain about this phone. an added bonus is that i get to use it for a very niche purpose: I don't pay for data and I only use wifi.

also like that no one knows what this phone is and that no one has it. sometimes friends ask me what phone it is and I just say it's the **** you iphone

21. phenixdragon

phenixdragon Well-Known Member

I had an iPhone 3G, and then a 3GS, and now an N1. I am much happier. But I do miss the games, even though most of the games on the iPhone suck. I hate virtual gaming keypads. But I do wish I had Civilization on the N1.

22. cadred

cadred Member

I've had mine for about 3 weeks and I really really... like it.

Between...
    • The new multitouch limitations that have just come to light
    • The reddish tint to the screen
    • The crappy trackball
    • Issues with my bluetooth headset
    • Lack of a car dock
    • My N1 occasionally locking up during shutdown and not restarting without removing the battery

.. and not to mention I paid the full price I just really wish it was a smoother experience. It's not a bad phone, but it is definitely not the superphone Google promised.

23. CyberDroid

CyberDroid Well-Known Member

Great phone ... intermittent TMo coverage despite map showing otherwise in my area. Pondering getting Verizon version even if I can't browse and talk at the same time.

24. Drhyde

Drhyde Well-Known Member

Paid full price for it and had it engraved with my name plus the dock so no returns for me. Extremely happy with it, however, bare in mind that I previously owned a Behold II. That was a real nightmare and this phone blows it out of the water.

25. amarakvati

amarakvati Active Member

I adore my phone. However, I can't wait for the next iteration in the Nexus series and perhaps with a more reliable carrier. Though T-Mobile service is pretty outstanding in my area. Also, I engraved DRAGONZORD on it. I've named my phone after the almighty DRAGONZORD!