are you regret it after buying x10 mini pro?General

Last Updated:

1. evanayal

evanayal New Member This Topic's Starter

hi! quick question, are u regret it after buy x10 mini pro? and why?

Advertisement
  2. CLD

CLD Member

Nope for only

3. spatuluk

spatuluk Well-Known Member

No regrets here! Why would anyone be disappointed?

4. murkey

murkey Member

5. cfc

cfc Well-Known Member

no great phone

6. Heddi

Heddi Member

i donno yet... experianced very slow response time when unlock phone and phone is missing birthday calendar ( something simple phones have ) out of power in a half day ... is this the same on your phones or is it just mine, and is this normal ?

7. curses

curses Member

I have been experiencing some rather rude shocks along the way, but I think the positives far outweigh any gripes I have about the phone.

So no regrets :)

8. Meercat

Meercat New Member

No, but I am getting tired of the blue menues and the lack of options in the music player ;)
    Great phone! Great keyboard!

9. jonmorris

jonmorris Well-Known Member

Download ADW.Launcher and any number of music players and you'll think you got a brand new phone!

10. sentiao

sentiao Member

Or any of the other existing launchers.

(I'm using Helix as I've found it's the most efficient with the battery of all launchers, including the default launcher)

11. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Can I just chip in that for noobs a bit scared of changing their launcher (I was that soldier!!), it couldn't be easier than by also downloading Home Switcher app. It lets you choose any of the launchers you have on your phone and set it as default so if you don't get on with one you can easily flick back to your stock one. Took all the worry out of it for me.

12. sparklygem

sparklygem Member

I've only had mine a couple of days and love it!

13. johnmike

johnmike Member

where is this home switcher, i cant find it in market. Also tried the appbrain app, direct link etc. the result its not available.

14. rosered

15. johnmike

johnmike Member

strange, the scanner gets the adress but market finds nothing. Also tried to email direct link and appbrain but nothing.

Tried marketenabler and fake t-mobile, not there either.

Have installed helix donut, but wanted to try adw. Dont know ehats the better launcher.

16. rosered

Could try this one, I seached Home Switcher .apk, looks like you can down load from this chaps site if you follow the link, H S is under the launchers section.

Ultimate .apk Archive!

johnmike likes this.
  17. johnmike

johnmike Member

thanks, got it working now.

So far very impressed with the mini pro. Navigation works with programs like navigon. Didn't see it use any data to fix on satellites. Apndroid on, and checked with 3g watchdog.

The bluetooth paired easily with the car stereo, this was the thing i was worried about since i couldn't test it beforehand.

18. rosered

Oh glad you are sorted John. I was very tempted by the mini pro but being a typical woman I just couldn't wait the extra couple of months to get one. Had a good play with a mini at the time I got my big one and I did like it but only Vodafone had it in UK and got amazing upgrade deal from T-mo for biggun so couldn't turn it down.

The nav is great played through my stereo (wired... got an mp3/headphone wire type input - can't think of the proper name!) and runs with my music from phone playing in background. Does eat battery a bit tho and gets phone a bit hot. Not used it masses but helped us out when we got a bit geographially misplaced by a diversion that then petered out.

Anyway... I wish you and your new phone a long and happy life together!

19. grape

grape Member

I must say I am a bit regretful. A major gripe is the inability for an alarm to fire when the phone is switched off. However it turns out Iphone cannot do that either. Dumb.

Other than that, phone feels snappy, but the software just not fully finished yet... I literally uncover new bugs every day. Hope Android 2.1 will fix some of this.

So so far it's a reasonable computing-PDA but a pretty bad business phone.

20. MrTed

MrTed New Member

Had it just 2 hours! Not impressed really, the screen quality isn't great, the ergonomics are clunky, the wifi is below average sensitivity.

Dont get me started on the useless preinstalled apps that you cant delete!

Screen became very grubby very quickly.

Straight out of the box the battery was completely flat which I thought was unusual (usually they have some juice in them, enough to power up the phone and tell you to charge it!), plugged the charger in and it came to life so I could set it up etc.

Now 2 hours on and it just sits there showing a red light! I have taken my SIM out and put it back in my old phone. The X10 shows a red light as soon as I put the battery in, other than that completely dead!

It's going back to Phones4U for a refund tomorrow!

21. andyKCIUK

andyKCIUK Member

Maybe you should give it a bit more time than mere two hours. I got my phone one week ago and I couldn't be happier.
    The red light you've mentioned indicates low battery, so all you have to do is to charge it...
    Your problem with the screen getting grubby has a very simple solution: wash your hands, dude.

22. MrTed

MrTed New Member

The thing is it was working then stopped and just shows the red light! I popped the battery out and measured it with a DVM (I am an electronics design engineer) and it is fine, tried it on a 200mA load as well, no problem, maintained 3.7V on load so the phone has a fault!

I don't have grubby fingers! The fact is some screen materials are better than others when it comes to picking up finger prints and the X10 is not one of the better ones IMHO.

At

23. andyKCIUK

andyKCIUK Member

My first handset was faulty too, wouldn't read the SIM I got with it. I got second one after one day and like I wrote earlier I couldn't be more happy. :D

24. MrTed

MrTed New Member

I wonder if there is a bit of a QA issue at SE? DOAs should be very rare these days, my touch screen was very insensitive as well so it sounds like my phone might have slipped past the inspectors?!

25. Lovedroid68

Lovedroid68 Active Member

Got this for my wife, and personally, i like it. She doesn't however, thinks the screen is too small, and not so easy to use (she is no power user ;). My only problems with it are, somewhat insensitive display, outdated android version (update coming), and there could be more widgets available. The screen quality could also be a tad crisper (probably just a matter of being used to the HTC desire, which has an amazing screen). That aside, this phone packs EVERYTHING, at a reasonable price.

Update: Forgot to add, the alarm clock seems to live it's own life, and ring only when it feels like it :(