• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

are you sure you want to send this text?

n8lwx442

Lurker
May 30, 2010
Say you compose a text and hit send...then you realize you DON'T or DIDN'T want to send it....with my flip phone I used to be able and quickly hit END...with the android there is no way to "stop" it quickly...does anyone know of an app that will ask you "are you sure you want to send" or something similar?

Thx

No, it's not about drunk texts, this is a serious issue for me. I have prediabetes so my blood sugar drops after a few hours making my hands very shaky. Also, I'm often up at night typing texts that need to go out in the morning and saving them as drafts till I get up in the morning just because I'm really busy. I can't count how many times I have had a message about work go out at 2:30 AM and ticking everybody off.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
No, it's not about drunk texts, this is a serious issue for me. I have prediabetes so my blood sugar drops after a few hours making my hands very shaky. Also, I'm often up at night typing texts that need to go out in the morning and saving them as drafts till I get up in the morning just because I'm really busy. I can't count how many times I have had a message about work go out at 2:30 AM and ticking everybody off.
i just found the right app for you:
Do It Later- Message Autmation

from the developers:
✔ Send a text message (SMS), Email or Twitter post at a later time even when you're asleep, busy or away from your phone.
✔ Task reminder - an intuitive reminder app that will never let you miss a thing.
✔ Simulate a fake incoming call to rescue yourself from an awkward situation (e.g. meaningless meeting, light conversation, drunken drink.)
✔ More than 100K users love and trust Do It Later to make their lives better.

Features
● Automatically send text messages at a future time, the selected time can be exact or within a time frame.
● Dual SIM support.
● Multiple options for scheduling delay frequency (hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, annually)
● Report results with “Sent” and “Delivered” statuses.
● Sending message to multiple recipients.
● Alert on task completion.
● Dual theme interface (light and dark).
● Choose text messages from predefined templates.
● Input message using speech recognition (text to speech).
● Various other settings to personalize your experience.

never used it, but it looks legit. keep us posted and let us know if it works or not.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones