Are you tired of waiting on Otterbox to make the Samsung Captivate Series?Accessories

Are you tired of waiting on Otterbox to make a case series for the Samsung Captivate?

Poll closed Nov 17, 2010.
  1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

33.3%

Last Updated:

1. TripsYou

TripsYou Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Are you tired of Otterbox taking so long to create cases for the Captivate? Has anyone heard any rumors of when the cases may become available? What are your thoughts on the long delay?

Advertisement
  2. xnoctis93

xnoctis93 Well-Known Member

omg yes i seriously can't wait any longer for it to come out ><
    i really hope they release it soon...i thought after the site maintenance they had the other day that they would have it up and ready but i guess i was wrong :(

3. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

i have no desire to put my phone in a huge case like that, i do understand why people do but its definitely not for me

4. TripsYou

I know, I checked their website around 12 and the next day I waited all day long for the site to get up and running again but, all I got was a 20% off discount. I have e-mailed them multiple times about the cases and they just blow me off saying they don't have a date. I just don't understand what is so hard about making a case for the captivate. It's a flat phone with no sliding keyboard or nothing. Whats so hard!?!?

5. TripsYou

I can see your point. A lot of people buy the phones for the sleek design of the phone and think the Otterbox defeats that. That's true but, I'm so scared of breaking or dropping my phone. Otterbox just puts my mind at ease.

6. rubiconjp

rubiconjp Well-Known Member

I have the Body Glove on and promptly dropped my phone... whew... no damage whatsoever. For me the Otterbox case is just too big.

7. TripsYou

I am using the gel Body Glove case as well but, it only provides protection to the back of the phone, none to the front. I love the Body Glove case, I just want something that covers my phone 100%.

8. robhs

robhs Well-Known Member

I was surprised that Otterbox didn't have something in the works when the Captivate was released. They were ready for the iPhone4 though.....

9. TripsYou

I know, thats crazy. The Captivate is the best android phone from At&t. You think they would have been prepared for the Captivate. Body Glove has sold so many units its not even funny, and just because they were ready soon after the phone came out.

10. TripsYou

Otterbox now has the Defender, Commuter, and the Impact for the Samsung Captivate. None are available for purchase yet but, hopefully since they just added the last case purchase is not to far away.:)

droidgrl64 likes this.
  11. droidgrl64

droidgrl64 Member

yeah,i'm patiently waiting on the commuter series-i ordered a case off ebay (an at$t gel silicone case for 12.50} until that one comes out... i'm clumsy,so i need an otterbox:eek:

12. Themasterofnone

Themasterofnone New Member

Has anyone had any experience with other commuter and impact series otterbox cases and can describe if it adds a significant amount of size?

13. jburbrink

jburbrink Member

I had a commuter case for an old BB and it hardly added anything to the overall size of the phone. Smooth going in and out of my pocket. I actually had people ask me if the case was part of the phone. I'm hoping the same for the Captivate Commuter.
    Also, in other phone models, the Impact is the least protective and therefore the least $$. The Captivate Impact is the same $49.95 as the Defender. ??????

14. TripsYou

The pricing is very odd. I'm sure they will fix it but, maybe not. Otterbox has really rubbed me the wrong way with how they have been blowing off peoples questions on their website and how they have been working on the Captivate cases for so long. These cases better be spectacular or they may be loosing a few customers. Seidio has mad a extreme case much like the Otterbox that could probably supply the same amount of protection.

15. Culverin

Culverin Active Member

How'd you get your 20% off? I've scoured their site and haven't seen anything like it.

16. TripsYou

When Otterbox had scheduled a upgrade for their website, the site was closed for almost 24 hours. On the website they provided a option to sign up for a e-mail to let you know when the site is back up and working again. If you signed up to be notified, they sent you a e-mail apologizing and provided you a 20% entire order for you "patience". One thing I learned is that if you ever see a website under construction and they provide a e-mail notification, sign up for it. Usually, they will reward you with a discount or just a thank you but, I always sign up, even if I'm not looking to purchase anything from them because you could post the discount code on a website like "Phandroid.com" and save some lucky person some money and hope later on they would do the same. ;]

17. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

18. ntdb

ntdb Active Member

The Impact case is on sale now and is only $20, apparently there was some bug making it show up as $50 that has been fixed. I'm trying to decide if I should jump on this or keep waiting on the Commuter...

19. TripsYou

Platinum Series Case - Black
    $34.99

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm sorry for the picture quality. [This is not a Otterbox case, it is a hard case from a brand called Platinum from Best Buy]

20. TripsYou

I have ordered the Impact Series for the Captivate. I will have it in 2 days and I will post pictures and write a review of the phone as soon as it comes in. Would anyone like me to make a video of the case review or just take pictures and write a review?

21. Themasterofnone

Themasterofnone New Member

Video would be awesome! But clear photos and a quick review is probably what everyone is clamouring to see.

22. TripsYou

Ok, If I end up having a lot of time on my hands when it comes in I'll make a video and not talk and just have text haha. That way everyone wins.

23. ntdb

ntdb Active Member

This is actually a rebranded Seidio case so feel free to take your pick if you're tired of waiting on Otterbox.

I would love to see some detailed pictures of the Impact case. Otterbox would do themselves a favor by posting better images.

24. TripsYou

Pictures will be provided when the case comes in. I'll use a better camera next time.

25. ntdb

ntdb Active Member

Just to clarify, I wasn't putting down your pictures of the Platinum Series case. They're very descriptive compared to those provided by the manufacturer.