• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are you upset about the Sprint Premier changes?

Are you upset that Sprint took our annual upgrade away

• Total voters
Thanks, but this was a while ago and I've checked online. Nothing has changed.
I didn't think it changed either but I never saw anything online that shows by contract end date. It does show when you're eligible for a new phone upgrade. That's it but your upgrade date can and will be different than your contract renewal date.

I don't know why Sprint would lie to me and say my contract was extended for this reason. I think they would tell the truth about why it was renewed.

Upvote 0
I didn't think it changed either but I never saw anything online that shows by contract end date. It does show when you're eligible for a new phone upgrade. That's it but your upgrade date can and will be different than your contract renewal date.

I don't know why Sprint would lie to me and say my contract was extended for this reason. I think they would tell the truth about why it was renewed.

Again... Nope, I just checked both the contract expiration date and the upgrade date and both are exactly as they should be. :)

Upvote 0
Well you're lucky then. What amount of discount do you get? I get 25% so maybe that's why I got unknowingly stuck with a new 2 year contract.

Well there are a few others in this very thread that are reporting the same thing as I am... it does not effect (extend) your contract. So I dunno, man. My employer discount is 25%, so that cant be it.

Upvote 0
Well there are a few others in this very thread that are reporting the same thing as I am... it does not effect (extend) your contract. So I dunno, man. My employer discount is 25%, so that cant be it.
That's weird. I'm just going by what I was told. I have no reason to make it up.

I'm gonna call again tomorrow and see what's up and why my contract was extended and I'll report back with what they say. It's not fair if I was extended and others weren't. Only thing I can think of is they canceled my discount for some reason and had to reactivate it after I called and complained about no longer having my discount.

Upvote 0
My brother was trying to use my companys discount that covers immediate family...his contract was renewed and he received the email below. (My sister has the discount that was added 3 years ago...her contract was not renewed so this is something new).

Dear *****,
YOUR CONSENT IS REQUIRED
In order to process your 25% employee discount request, Sprint needs
your permission to renew the Service Agreement for each phone and data
device associated with your account.
Follow these steps to consent to a new two-year term and agree to Sprint
terms and conditions (see below). This is the only time we’ll contact
you to request this information:
1. Reply to this email.
2. Type: “I AGREE” or “I DISAGREE.”
3. Press send; We will send you written confirmation within 14 days.

IMPORTANT TERMS & CONDITIONS
Your email consent acknowledges you:
1. Have read, understand and agree to Sprint Terms and Conditions of
service; visit www.sprint.com/termsandconditions for details.
2. Understand enrollment in the discount program requires a two-year
term commitment (effective immediately) for each discounted line on your
account.
3. Agree that except for eligible deactivations under our return policy,
you will pay an early termination fee (ETF) of up to $200 for each line
of service that terminates early, in addition to other charges that may
have accrued; visit sprint.com/ETF for details.
4. Are aware eligibility is subject to verification under your
employer’s Service Agreement.
Thank you for choosing Sprint.
Sincerely,
Karl S.
Sprint

Upvote 0
My brother was trying to use my companys discount that covers immediate family...his contract was renewed and he received the email below. (My sister has the discount that was added 3 years ago...her contract was not renewed so this is something new).

Dear *****,
YOUR CONSENT IS REQUIRED
In order to process your 25% employee discount request, Sprint needs
your permission to renew the Service Agreement for each phone and data
device associated with your account.
Follow these steps to consent to a new two-year term and agree to Sprint
terms and conditions (see below). This is the only time we’ll contact
you to request this information:
1. Reply to this email.
2. Type: “I AGREE” or “I DISAGREE.”
3. Press send; We will send you written confirmation within 14 days.

IMPORTANT TERMS & CONDITIONS
Your email consent acknowledges you:
1. Have read, understand and agree to Sprint Terms and Conditions of
service; visit www.sprint.com/termsandconditions for details.
2. Understand enrollment in the discount program requires a two-year
term commitment (effective immediately) for each discounted line on your
account.
3. Agree that except for eligible deactivations under our return policy,
you will pay an early termination fee (ETF) of up to $200 for each line
of service that terminates early, in addition to other charges that may
have accrued; visit sprint.com/ETF for details.
4. Are aware eligibility is subject to verification under your
employer’s Service Agreement.
Thank you for choosing Sprint.
Sincerely,
Karl S.
Sprint
Well I never got an email asking me to agree or disagree. I did it over the phone with a rep. Never got an email of this sort. I think I got one notifying me of the change on my account but that is the extent of it.

Upvote 0
From the Sprint FAQ on this:

We made sure that S|P Silver retained the benefits that were popular with most of our customers.......The number one ranked benefit by customers is the 6-month plan check up where we proactively analyze your usage and let you know the results.
What a joke - no one give a rats a$$ about a 6 month plan check. The number 1 perk is the annual upgrade - without a doubt that Sprint is taking away from people who fall in to the "SILVER" category.

People say that Sprint is still cheaper, and I agree they are cheaper than VZW and ATT - not sure about T-Mobile or if T-Mobile will even exist in the near future, but there are other choices. Great deals on Page Plus or Straight Talk (Walmart) - both resellers of Verizon, granted phones cost more but monthly plans will be less, just examples....

Upvote 0
From the Sprint FAQ on this:

What a joke - no one give a rats a$$ about a 6 month plan check. The number 1 perk is the annual upgrade - without a doubt that Sprint is taking away from people who fall in to the "SILVER" category.

People say that Sprint is still cheaper, and I agree they are cheaper than VZW and ATT - not sure about T-Mobile or if T-Mobile will even exist in the near future, but there are other choices. Great deals on Page Plus or Straight Talk (Walmart) - both resellers of Verizon, granted phones cost more but monthly plans will be less, just examples....

Those are only options for people who have coverage for those companies. Where I live and most of this state only gets good and consistant coverage from vzw and from sprint. The others are hit or miss.

Upvote 0
Those are only options for people who have coverage for those companies. Where I live and most of this state only gets good and consistant coverage from vzw and from sprint. The others are hit or miss.

I did not say MetroPCS, both carriers are resellers of Verizon - so if you can get Verizon service you can use them.

By the way, if people are upset about this I urge you to email you concerns to dan@sprint.com :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones