Are you using the kickstand?

Last Updated:

1. emac

emac Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Alright, be honest... Who's using the kickstand? I'm not. I was open to it when I got it, but I just haven't found it useful. If the kickstand held the phone up in portrait mode as well as landscape mode, I'd probably use it when I'm just sitting at my desk, but I don't really use landscape mode unless I'm watching a movie or TV, which I haven't really done yet or see myself doing. So is anyone using it? And for what?

Advertisement
  2. BIG CTY

BIG CTY Member

I'm using for just what you said, at my desk at work. I got the phone yesterday and beside being in my hand or pocket/pouch - its been on the kickstand. It works for portrait or landscape.

3. bandityo

bandityo Well-Known Member

yes, me and my friend watched youtube during lunch and had it on the kickstand so we both could see.

4. dylan88

dylan88 Well-Known Member

whenever i have it plugged in on my desk the kickstand is out. works great for video calling on fring. i dont even have to hold the phone so the video is never shaky. and i was eating with some friends tonight and i showed them a video on youtube, just popped out the kickstand and, perfect.

5. emac

emac Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Maybe mine's defective then because it falls back anytime I try standing it up in portrait mode.

6. tniz

tniz Member

I've been using it whenever I have it plugged in, both at home and at work. It's nice at work, because I'll turn on Pandora and set it on my desk. I'll probably use the kickstand as much as possible until I can find a case I like that will prevent me from laying the phone on the camera lense.

7. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

I've used it to watch videos and listen to music over the speaker. I haven't tried video chatting yet.

8. BIG CTY

BIG CTY Member

LOL as soon as I read this I propped it up and down it went! I think I had it on some papers at work, so the surface may have had a slight incline.

9. rdegk15

rdegk15 Well-Known Member

Actually first day i got it used it a lot. Mostly when i was on a video chat with a friend using fring.

set it on my desk and worked good.

10. teky

teky Well-Known Member

Yeah, I use it whenever I set it down...keeps the back camera lens from getting scratched.

RichboyJhae and clambert1273 like this.
  11. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

Heck yea I use it all the time! Took a short nap today and put it up on the bed and fell asleep watching "I am Legend". :cool:

Once I get back to work on monday it will proudly spend most of the day on my desk with the kickstand plugged into my usb for power streaming videos all day. lol

12. chcougar1

chcougar1 Well-Known Member

Yup. I am charging it on my nightstand with the kickstand out right now and last night it was my bedside alarm clock!

13. AngryCPA

AngryCPA Active Member

yep, used it to go over sight words and watch youtube with my kid :D

14. TheBlackPrince

TheBlackPrince Well-Known Member

I love that kickstand. I use it all the time just to show off. Everyone is always like 'whoa it has a kickstand?' :)

15. SteveChiller

SteveChiller Well-Known Member

I just flick it in and out when im bored. thats all. I'm gonna break it sooner or later doing that.....

RichboyJhae likes this.
  16. netmag

netmag Active Member

I just used it earlier in the day during a conference call. Had it on speaker phone and propped it up on my desk. It made sure the speaker wasn't muffled at all.

17. iamfunkyz

iamfunkyz Well-Known Member

I've been using the kickstand anytime I use the phone while im seated at my desk or a table. That way you dont actually hold the phone while you're typing or browsing and its actually quite a bit more comfortable than holding the phone. Try it out.

18. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Well-Known Member

Kickstand is great for video calling.

19. jeffdlb

jeffdlb Well-Known Member

You have the newest, most bad-ass cell phone on the planet and you're BORED?!? WTF??

20. Edricflo

Edricflo Well-Known Member

Not yet, I never have a flat surface. Don't want to risk dropping it for the first time.

21. forever_z

forever_z Member

I set it on my night stand and put the clock on the screen. Works great!

22. JinCA

JinCA Well-Known Member

I've been using it when I put it down on anything because I don't want the camera lense scratching. I can't believe they didn't have the metal stick out further than the glass, what were they thinking letting the glass be the first thing that touches when you set the phone down?

23. crumsnatcha

crumsnatcha Active Member

Conversation between me and my friend today:

"That thing has a kickstand?! What is it, a bike? Can it drive you home?"

"Yes. Yes it can..." :cool:

That said, I freakin' love the kickstand. Video chatting with no shakiness, watching videos, listening to music, or just flicking it in and out when bored like that other guy said... if only my damn fingernails weren't so short and it was easier to flip out.

24. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

IMHO its a waste of space, and just another part of the phone that can easily get scratched! I did however try it yesterday, and down it went while I was watching a YouTube video.

25. excav8ter

excav8ter Well-Known Member

Do you do this in portrait mode or landscape mode? i am trying to find a clock that works in landscape mode, any thoughts.