• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are you using the multi touch keyboard or Swype?

Been texting a lot lately, and am getting annoyed. lol The only keyboards I like are these two (multi-touch and swype, have tried most of the others too) but only like swype when I'm using one hand, which inst that common cause I type waaay faster with both thumbs than with swype.

Problem with multi-touch is the space bar like a few have mentioned. Not sure if I'm typing to fast or what, but either the space bar just doesn't work a lot of times, or I hit the period key instead.

Most of my sentences come out like; "this is.my stupidexample.sentence toshow how it.always turnsout." Gets annoying. lol

Oh and the non-auto capitalizing of the I key.

Looking forward to seeing how BlindType comes out though. :D

Upvote 0
Been texting a lot lately, and am getting annoyed. lol The only keyboards I like are these two (multi-touch and swype, have tried most of the others too) but only like swype when I'm using one hand, which inst that common cause I type waaay faster with both thumbs than with swype.

Problem with multi-touch is the space bar like a few have mentioned. Not sure if I'm typing to fast or what, but either the space bar just doesn't work a lot of times, or I hit the period key instead.

Most of my sentences come out like; "this is.my stupidexample.sentence toshow how it.always turnsout." Gets annoying. lol

Oh and the non-auto capitalizing of the I key.

Looking forward to seeing how BlindType comes out though. :D

Get smart keyboard pro and use a different skin. The Htc skin is great. Best of both worlds. Like the multitouch keyboard but has a much bigger space bar. I too was missing the space bar or was getting periods. I am test driving swift key Now but smart pro is my DD

Upvote 0
I would actually prefer to have the Swype keyboard when the phone is in portrait mode and the regular (non-Swype) keyboard when in landscape mode

yes, I know that you can type on the Swype keyboard in landscape, but the keys are ever so slightly smaller and it makes my wildly flying fingers have to slow down, lol

Upvote 0
why would you use multi touch keyboard when swype offers you the best of both worlds. Use it however you want when you want. Sometimes I like using the swype in landscape and typing with my thumbs and sometimes when I am using one hand I prefer swype. Swype offers you predictive words so it should be your primary keyboard, but that is just my opinion

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones