ARGH!!! F'ing ringtones is NOT working ... AGAINSupport

Last Updated:

1. TeamPEZ

TeamPEZ Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

For whatever reason, perhaps the Gods above are having a good laugh at me,I just don't know. Every time I set a certain ring tone to a person's number, it does NOT stay and resorts back to the default ring tone.

I have all my ring tones on my SD card - even the default ring tone.

Anyone have the same issue?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned

Its funny when I first got the handset this was happening all the time now the last few days its been fine. I have no idea what has changed maybe an OTA fix?

3. mlr_90

mlr_90 Member

If your ringtones are stored on your SD card and you plug the phone into your PC then the phone can no longer see the files (if you're connecting to the PC) Once the phone can't see the ringtone it gets confused. I've had this happen before. Your best option I think would be to move your ringtones over to phones memory and try it that way. Maybe this will help

4. missy brown

missy brown Well-Known Member

omg i have the same issue i hope someone has a answer. but all my ringtones are saved to the phone but it still doesnt work even if i do a hard reset it works for a sec then it goes back to the regular ring tone

5. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

If you do a hard reset, by default it's going to remove custom ringtones.

Personally, I use Ringtones by naruto, free in the Market and it seems to do the job.

6. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

Yes, mine does the same thing - goes back to default. It's b.s. if you have to get a damn app to make something work by default.

7. EarlyMon

Agreed - but I can't say one or another that app will fix it or works around it - just that I've been using a while and haven't yet noticed this problem (other than the full update reset them to begin with).

Besides - it seems to be a much cooler app than I'd expected.

8. leebo

leebo Member

How the heck do you do that? When I try moving them from the card to the phone's memory (using the program "file manager" ), I get a "You don't have sufficient permissions" message.:confused:

9. EarlyMon

So far as I know, you have to be rooted to have that permission - and even then putting anything in the phone's root-side memory requires zero errors on your part.

I'm rooted, yet keep mine on the SD card - probably way over-cautious on my part, but I'm just tossing that out there.

10. vicshalls

vicshalls Well-Known Member

Glad to know its not just me. I keep having the same problem. I don't talk on my phone much so I thought I had not set them. Lol I know for sure I have now and really getting tired of it not ringing the wayi want. I only answer my phone for certain ring tones so now I am starting to miss calls. Not good!