Aria Owners - How's your Reception & Call Quality?

Last Updated:

1. anoid

anoid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Aria Owners - How's your Reception & Call Quality compared to other phones you've had?

Advertisement
  2. screenamesuck

screenamesuck Well-Known Member

Pretty much the same I think. AT&T is the worst in my state than any other carrier I think

3. Griffeycom

Griffeycom Member

I feel like I have "less bars" than my Motorola Q, but I haven't had any issues with losing service. I haven't made very many calls on mine yet, but again, comparing to my Q it's a much better sound quality.

4. Cronis

Cronis Well-Known Member

so far its the same or a little better than my previous phones. We get good reception from AT&T in my area though so no complaints

5. Yoshiofthewire

Yoshiofthewire Active Member

Seems to be better then my former blackflip

6. CartOverlord

CartOverlord Active Member

better than my dumb phone. havn't dropped a call in my dead-zone house....yet

7. Jofaba

Jofaba Well-Known Member

I haven't made too many calls on it but the ones I have were very clear. Huge jump in quality over my 5+ year old Audiovox 5600 which I've recently been running on this network till it finally died last week.

8. sogood

sogood New Member

So far, so good. I live in an apartment building that gets absolutely terrible cell service and haven't dropped a call with my Aria like I often did with my old phones.

9. Cronis

Cronis Well-Known Member

was showing off my Aria to a friend yesterday... and it got the signal error message... embarrassing lol

10. AndrewAmazed

AndrewAmazed Active Member

So far,
    I've had terrible reception... half the time I get no network. ahhh, annoying the heck out of me.
    but when I do have some reception, the call quality is pretty good.

11. Jofaba

Jofaba Well-Known Member

I either dropped my first call or the ATT rep hung up on me because he was annoyed that I had him on speakerphone while trying to figure out why they were charging me for im's...

12. markj

markj Active Member

Hi all, new to the forum, and to Android :) But I ordered the Aria today with overnight shipping, and I'm also interested in call quality.

Reception in my "Aria" (North Jersey) isn't a worry for me, but coming from a line of Nokias (my current phone being a 5530 XpressMusic), I know what "bad" call quality is unfortunately.

How is the earpiece volume? Loud, clear, crisp? And what about the microphone, does it pick up a lot of unnecessary background noise on your end and give it to the other? Cause knowing Nokias, I hate that, and they all suffer pretty bad from poor-quality, over-sensitive microphones and bad earpieces lol.

13. OJsakila

OJsakila Well-Known Member

in savannah ga....on the ground floor in an apt...reception is better than my nokia e71x, alot better than my (returned) backflip...and lots better than my old iphone..
    I wish the ext speakerphone was louder but thats my only complaint...Best phone ATT offers right now..

14. wxjoe

wxjoe Member

Great! The reception picks up well in my house (a semi-deadspot because of its elevation) and call quality is great. The speakerphone is a bit tinny, but the speaker (eg. the one that you use when you hold the phone- I know there's a specific name for it...) sounds very loud and clear. I'm very happy with it.

15. SteveAbraham80

SteveAbraham80 Member

Previously had a Bold 9700. Don't have the greatest indoor reception due to the 1900MHz frequency used in my area, but as for quality as far as the phone is concerned, it is much better. No issues with the speaker and the mic is very clear.

16. Ambictus

Ambictus Well-Known Member

Call quality is great. My wife can hear my way better than she could on my Eternity, also I hear her crystal clear which I couldn't before.

17. shatteredempathy

shatteredempathy Member

Where I get 3G with 3 bars with my Backflip, I get the G and E networks, 1 or two bars, and a loss of connection. Maybe it's all the rain we've been getting or something. I just hope it improves.

18. Jofaba

Jofaba Well-Known Member

In the three most important areas that I'll be making 95% of all my calls from (work, home, parents) I get 3+bars, perfect reception, and crystal clear audio.

It's my understanding that the entire back of the phone is part of the antenna. It looks like a lot of thought and planning went into making sure that the phone actually works as a phone =P

19. SysAdmNj

SysAdmNj Well-Known Member

My call quality is good so far, pairs up nicely with my car's bluetooth. I would say its about as good as it was with my blackberry if not a little better.