• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Aria root, 2.2 update questions

geeker

Lurker
Feb 20, 2011
I understand that updating to 2.2 would make it so that you could not root phone.

So, I rooted, but am still on 2.1

I am not brave enough to flash to a developer mod.

What I want to do is to move apps to my sd, and remove AT&T bloatware.

If I do the AT&T update, which will apparently permit apps to SD, will I still be able to remove the bloat?

How would I go about doing so?

At a minumum, could I move the bloat to SD?

Thanks in advance.

I understand that updating to 2.2 would make it so that you could not root phone.

So, I rooted, but am still on 2.1

I am not brave enough to flash to a developer mod.

What I want to do is to move apps to my sd, and remove AT&T bloatware.

If I do the AT&T update, which will apparently permit apps to SD, will I still be able to remove the bloat?

How would I go about doing so?

At a minumum, could I move the bloat to SD?

Thanks in advance.

No if you flash the AT&T Froyo update, you will not be able to reroot to remove the bloatware and you cannot move bloatware to the SD card. You can only move downloaded apps to the SD card, if they support it.

You ought to seriously look at Liberated Aria FR008 on XDA-Developers. It is based on the official, non-bloated HTC Sense Froyo release for the European Gratia. If you rooted your Aria already why the reluctance to install a cooked ROM?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones