1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Aria update!

1. brivette007

brivette007 Member

Advertisement
  2. anika200

anika200 Well-Known Member

I cant believe it. A windows only update procedure. What in the world am I supposed to do with that, go out and buy a pc.
  3. TgeekB

TgeekB Well-Known Member

When I click on the link it says "page cannot be found".
  4. brivette007

brivette007 Member

i guess it's down. hopefully it will be back up soon.
  5. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

I read about that! :)
  6. xdmanalo

xdmanalo Well-Known Member

link is now valid again
  7. what do i do if i only have a mac?
  8. sox1918

sox1918 New Member

I did this update. Now some apps do not show up in the market. Annoying.
  9. tpbklake

tpbklake Well-Known Member

HTC has already confirmed that this is a bug with the new ROM and will be pushing out yet another update:

New Aria ROM posted today... - HTC Aria? (AT&T) - Android Forums - HTC Community

...Thank you for contacting us about your applications not showing after you updated your HTC Aria. We are aware of this issue and will be pushing out an update to rectify this issue. Please check your phone for updates. We do apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced."

Regards,

Tom
  10. sniper8752

sniper8752 Well-Known Member

when i go to update my rom, it says: verify that you want to update it from 1.25.502.2 to 1.25.502.12 ... it sounds like i already have the latest.... am i right? the latest would be the higher number?
  11. trego

trego Member

Did the update via my pc and it went well but had to first install HTC sync. Did backupas i knew I would lose some apps. Didn't notice much if any performance but i now have a ATT ota update setting where before my phone had no ota update at all.
  12. RoyHobbs

RoyHobbs Member

I heard mention of the update containing a few new options for the clock widget. Can anyone confirm if this is true?
  13. coroid

coroid Member

after the update my phone has been constantly checking for updates/ turning on mobile data even tho i keep it off. well not sure if its connecting to anything but the checkmark under 3g goes away and the arrows come up
  14. brivette007

brivette007 Member

Yeah, there are now 12 different clock designs to choose from. (The big block one with the weather is still the best, imo.):D
  15. mjstulsa

mjstulsa New Member

I strongly suggest b4 installing the new ROM update you back up ALL your data! I use lookout which backs up contacts, calanders, photos, music, etc from SIM, ROM and SD
  16. sniper8752

do you mean outlook?

and can someone please answer my post? thanks:)
  17. brivette007

brivette007 Member

There is an app called Lookout that offers antivirus, backup, and a missing phone feature. It's pretty good.

As for the rom update, the .12 version IS the newest. (think of the .2 one as 'two' and the .12 one as 'twelve')
  18. sniper8752

i keep on getting an error message: it says that the usb has been disconnected... why is this happening? is it because my phone is rooted? this is the second time that i have done it, and it is still not resolved.
  19. AndrewAmazed

AndrewAmazed Active Member

So is the update worth...applying ?
  20. NobleRodhos

NobleRodhos Member

I would say no... I loaded it earlier today and did not notice a difference... I had been reading that it would allow OTA downloading off apps, but that is still locked... thank goodness for sideloading!
  21. anika200

anika200 Well-Known Member

I think what it allows is Over The Air updating of the phone rom and apps from HTC. So in the future you will not need a pc to update your phone. Thats good news as there are plenty of people that do not own one.
  22. NobleRodhos

NobleRodhos Member

I hope this means Froyo is coming before Christmas... fingers & toes crossed!!
  23. xdmanalo

xdmanalo Well-Known Member

Caution with update.

I recently updated with official ROM update. Now, apps (including paid) are missing from market. Wish I backed up my apks manually before the update.

Yet another example of how relying on "the cloud" can go wrong...CYA
  24. TgeekB

TgeekB Well-Known Member

My phone is working fine so I am staying clear of any updates for now. No need to possibly mess things up.
  25. sniper8752

ditto this!