aria vs eris

Last Updated:

1. bigwavesurfer4

bigwavesurfer4 Member This Topic's Starter

i'm wondering if anyone here has ever used or tryed out the droid eris or hero for verizon or sprint and compared it to the aria. it seems like they have the same tech specs but reviewers are raving about how great the aria is. i have the droid eris now and its ok but its a little laggy and its not receiving os 2.2 so my contract is up and im switching to atnt and want htc sense again so im wondering if i should go with the aria.

Advertisement
  2. backflipper

backflipper Member

**** no, go for tha nexus one on version, way faster more powerful and open source no gay lock down by at&t

3. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

MY dad has the Aria, stock ... I have the Eris, rooted and overclocked. I would say my dads Aria is still a little snappier than my eris ... but not by much.

4. OJsakila

OJsakila Well-Known Member

Yea I have to agree. Plus, its smaller and more compact. The eris is a good phone though, just not an Aria...;)

5. carmendiva

carmendiva Well-Known Member

I used to own an Eris for like 4 months(along with other phones)

and i finally had the chance to play with an Aria recently

Such an adorably cute phone

Anyway the Aria is slightly faster than the droid eris 528 mhz vs 600 mhz(i believe)

to me i think the aria is pretty much the 2010 version of the Htc eris which is the upgraded version of an HTC hero from way back in Early 2009

I wouldn't get stuck in a contract with the Aria

more then likely it won't get supported

Either stay with Verizon and get an X or incredible(that way you are guaranteed quite a few updates)

or get the captivate

6. bigwavesurfer4

thank you! i was afraid that at&t would just phase out the aria quickly, and i thought it was funnny that the eris's 2.1 update didn't have some of the same things the htc aria doesn't come with like live wallpapers. i e-mailed htc and asked if they the aria will get an update and they said they are working on it but didn't give me a yes or no so i'm afraid the aria software processor and memory won't be able to support such an update in the future. but i can't see a better alternative from atnt...the captivate gets terrible forum reviews and i hate stock android or even android on launcher pro. and i can't stand how the iphone doesn't have widgets so its either the aria or wait until another attractive ui android phone comes out....hmmm....tough decision.

7. carmendiva

carmendiva Well-Known Member

This really doesnt mean much but i know 2 people who have captivates(2 tech guys) and love them

I love it too, I just hate the look of the at & t variant

I hate launcherpro however I love ADW launcher which is a great replacement

I wouldnt really base your decision on the complaints you read in the forums just because the complaints are only a small representation of how many customers actually on the phone...im sure there are thousands more and a very happy with it

I forgot the Aria had live wallpapers

HTC claims the aria will get 2.2 and the eris probably won't since it has been EOL'D

I'd say if you really dont like the captivate get the Aria(i changed my mine)

While it is said phones without a 1ghz processor won't get Android 3.0 supposedly, i am sure you can root and get it if you really want it that bad

So yeah get the Aria

8. Ambictus

Ambictus Well-Known Member

I've never used the Eris but I can tell you the phones are very different spec wise.

The Aria runs on a much faster SoC. The MSM7227 in the Aria is essentially a scaled down snapdragon, and despite people saying otherwise it's actually a modern SoC. The CPU is based on the scorpion in the Snapdragon(the SoC in the Nexus One, EVO 4G, Incredible etc) just uses an older instruction set. Also the GPU is exactly the same as the one in the Snapdragon. On top of that the Eris has 288MB of RAM whereas the Aria has 384MB(It was actually just discovered that the Aria has 512MB but 128MB is disabled for some reason).

Also, I'm not sure if rooting/playing with ROMs is something you'd do but the hacking community behind the Aria is very strong and they're making huge strides daily towards a fully complete Froyo ROM. Something the Captivate can't say.

Really? I LOVE LauncherPro. It's extremely fast and I love the appearance of it. Not to mention all the Sense like widgets he's starting to implement. It's a very solid home/launcher IMO. ADW has strong points, I just prefer LauncherPro(I bought the Plus version).

I know there are a lot of people with Captivates that wish they still had Arias. The Aria is an amazing piece of hardware.

9. bigwavesurfer4

just switched over...this phone is absolutely incredible. my droid eris was good...this phone is great! fm radio, the speed is just perfect i don't notice any lag. and i imported everything from my eris to my aria. if anyone has any doubts about this phone, don't it's great.

Met-AL likes this.