• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Arizona immigration law

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arizona just told LA to piss off or we'll stop supplying 25% of their electrical power:

Arizona dares L.A. to carry out boycott - Washington Times

San Diego begins to realize they're morons:

FOXNews.com - San Diego Faces Own Medicine as Arizona Residents Cancel Travel Following Boycott of State

I personally think that LA will reverse their boycott decision if they don't have a backup planned in response to that. San Diego on the other hand... I doubt they're in pain by Arizona residents not going there. Fox tends to over exaggerate or skew things just a "tad". San Diego will still have tons of tourism despite some Arizona residents cancelling they're trip.

Upvote 0
What do you mean by "basic" then? It can be interpreted is MANY different ways. When I think of basic, I think of not having any AP classes or any classes that are deemed "unnecessary" for preparation for life. Calculus BC AP definitely isn't basic and so isn't Art History AP (god that was a difficult class).

I've read the bill... and what I exactly don't understand is Section A 2 and Section F. They seem to contradict each other in that if there is a class on lets say... WW2, wouldn't that violate Section A 2? But wait... go down to Section F, and it's permitted. Why is Arizona selectively choosing what is allowed to bypass Section A 2? And now I'm wondering... how does latino studies in public schools violate the bill if it cooperates with Section E and Section F?

I'm puzzled :thinking:

Well your basic and my basic is different. I guess fundamentals is a better word. High School will give you your fundamentals and if you want further self funded education, you should be able to get whatever you want. And as far as Section A 2 and F, they are addressing persons, not a class or race of people.

Upvote 0
CA Codes (pen:833-851.90)

834b. (a) Every law enforcement agency in California shall fully
cooperate with the United States Immigration and Naturalization
Service regarding any person who is arrested if he or she is
suspected of being present in the United States in violation of
federal immigration laws.
(b) With respect to any such person who is arrested, and suspected
of being present in the United States in violation of federal
immigration laws, every law enforcement agency shall do the
following:
(1) Attempt to verify the legal status of such person as a citizen
of the United States, an alien lawfully admitted as a permanent
resident, an alien lawfully admitted for a temporary period of time
or as an alien who is present in the United States in violation of
immigration laws. The verification process may include, but shall not
be limited to, questioning the person regarding his or her date and
place of birth, and entry into the United States, and demanding
documentation to indicate his or her legal status.

(2) Notify the person of his or her apparent status as an alien
who is present in the United States in violation of federal
immigration laws and inform him or her that, apart from any criminal
justice proceedings, he or she must either obtain legal status or
leave the United States.
(3) Notify the Attorney General of California and the United
States Immigration and Naturalization Service of the apparent illegal
status and provide any additional information that may be requested
by any other public entity.
(c) Any legislative, administrative, or other action by a city,
county, or other legally authorized local governmental entity with
jurisdictional boundaries, or by a law enforcement agency, to prevent
or limit the cooperation required by subdivision (a) is expressly
prohibited.

Upvote 0
Well your basic and my basic is different. I guess fundamentals is a better word. High School will give you your fundamentals and if you want further self funded education, you should be able to get whatever you want. And as far as Section A 2 and F, they are addressing persons, not a class or race of people.

Yeah fundamentals is a better word. Really, to me, if a high school wants to offer any ethnic study, whether it be latino, asian, african, etc... let them. If there are students wanting to take that class because it's of interest to them, there's nothing wrong with it... exactly like taking an elective class on WW2 or Art History AP. Education should never be hampered down because it is education. Coming from California, there has been several cuts at the high school I went to because of budget problems, including that WW2 elective class. I really enjoyed that class and learned from it. From what I know, it was quite popular before the school said "No". It's unfortunate that a class has to be taken away due to a budget, but it's understandable... but a BAN?

Upvote 0
I personally think that LA will reverse their boycott decision if they don't have a backup planned in response to that. San Diego on the other hand... I doubt they're in pain by Arizona residents not going there. Fox tends to over exaggerate or skew things just a "tad". San Diego will still have tons of tourism despite some Arizona residents cancelling they're trip.

I agree. I don't see San Diego getting hit too hard by a backlash, but obviously it was enough to get them to say something. Personally, I have family in the military out there, and getting to hang out on the base on Coronado is definitely more appealing than turning on my own country in a boycott.

Upvote 0
I agree. I don't see San Diego getting hit too hard by a backlash, but obviously it was enough to get them to say something. Personally, I have family in the military out there, and getting to hang out on the base on Coronado is definitely more appealing than turning on my own country in a boycott.

I actually went right up to that Naval base before I turned around to find a good parking spot. :p That base is in such a FANTASTIC location. Right next to the beautiful Coronado Beach... stunning. Coronado has such beautiful water. I don't know what's in the sand, but something shimmers gold in the water. I've never seen that on any other SoCal beach. The dry sand I really do not like though. It's so thin and so the wind blows it everywhere. My favorite beaches are Zuma, Santa Monica, and Huntington. Each one with their own personalities. :)

Back to original topic somewhat... I would never want to boycott San Diego. There's just too much to offer! :) I've been there several times and have always enjoyed my stay there. Boycotting San Diego and LA is basically boycotting all of SoCal. There's so many things to do and see! Of course they can be replaced, but if a family CHOSE to go there for a summer trip and had to cancel it because of a boycott... then it really only hurts them.

Upvote 0
$90 million at risk in boycott of Arizona

It seems like Arizona, Phoenix in particular, is really starting to understand the economic impact of this boycott. The mayor of Phoenix said this in particular... "It's a near economic crisis," Gordon said.

Seems like Phoenix is feeling this a LOT harder than umm... San Diego. hehe

And why don't we take a look at the people boycotting az. Do they stand to lose something from this law? I'm going to boycott all companies that boycott az. On top of it, ill take my vacation in az as well. Also, I think the citizens stand to gain more by recovered jobs from the illegals in the longrun anyways. Which in turn means more money for our country, as more taxes are paid into the system instead of sent out of the country.

Bottom line, if you disagree with this law, your are not a patriot. You do not love this country. Please leave.

Upvote 0
Bottom line, if you disagree with this law, your are not a patriot. You do not love this country. Please leave.

WOW

http://androidforums.com/politics-current-affairs/81220-fun.html

I, for one, love this country. I just have different reasons than you do on why I love this country. To be honest, that is one of the most hurtful things that any person can really say to me. It has been said to me before by only extreme conservatives simply because I do not agree with them on something. I don't understand it. I guess any soldier in the military (I'm sure there's at least 1) who disagrees with this bill is a US-hating citizen.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones