• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Arkon Car Mount!

Pesti13nce

Aug 21, 2010
First thing i have to say is, this thing is BEASTLY! Amazing quality i was/am very impressed with it. I did have one of the cheap ones you can get at autozone/advanced Auto for some of my previous phones and they did ok, but this is just amazing. Granted this thing was 35$ shipped and i did have to wait nearly a month since it was on back order but I am very glad i waited..
Currently i have it attached to my vent not granted this thing does stick out a great deal and covers a large amount of my stereo from my eye sight (02 Pont Grand prix) that doesn't bother me so much since most of my radio play is done via my sirius. The holster alone sticks out a good 6-7" from the vent granted a lot of that comes from the fact it has one of those circle tighteners so you could have it Vertical or Horizontal which is nice, bit of a pain to get to. The holster part is a ratchet type mechanized unit which clamps down on the phone and the release is a small knob that you push in which is fairly easy to press and it ratchets the clamp arms outwards (At a rather fast pace the phone almost fell out of the holster on me). I was able to have my music on ATT which obviously doesn't mute it but does turn it down to a very faint volume and still be able to hold a conversation and hear the person very well, over the road noise and very very loud snow tires. I was very pleased with that seeing as i was worried the holster would cover the speaker up if i had it on speaker phone, def NOT the case.

The vent holder is kinda like a little clamp unit, so you have to pry the little units open (Like a clip used to keep your potato chips good obviously better quality but you know what i'm getting at) so they kinda "Grab" the vent and it does have a stabilizer you can move around on the bottom which is a HUGE help since this unit does actually weigh a great deal with the phone mounted, not enough to harm the vent but hefty enough.

I give the unit two thumbs up and well worth the investment if your looking for a phone holster for your car. The unit is a bit pricey but it does include a plastic stick on dash pad AND the arm and suction cup unit to stick it to the pad or your glass.

I will apologize in advance for improper spelling.. :p

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones