Arkon SM-Armband (pics and a my review vid)

Last Updated:

1. v01rider

v01rider Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Amazon.com: SM-ARMBAND:SM-ARMBAND: Sports Armband for Smartphones | Armband for iPhone and iPod Touch, BlackBerry, HTC…

This came in over the weekend and I have used it twice now. Once to mow a lawn, and again at the gym. The construction of this armband is superb. It is well constructed and it seems like it will hold up through lots of gym use. The outside clear cover is rugged and will withstand bumping against weights or weight machines. I picked this particular case because of the small pocket behind the phone which I use for my locker key. The band and the Velcro is heavy duty. The band will stretch to fit larger arms (those that have huge guns that I don't have :D). The only small problem I found was the small separation in the back where the top part covers the phone. I feel that it should be covered to protect the camera lens and speaker from sweat. I easily/crudely solved this by stitching a piece of old black tshirt and some Velcro. Below are some pictures and also a short review video. If you are thinking about a good armband to use at the gym or for other uses. I highly recommend this armband. It was shipped to the Dallas area for $19!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

YouTube - Arkon SM-Armband

Advertisement
  2. v01rider

when i viewed this after posting, it seems the audio is behind the vid. dunno if others will experience it.

3. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

Just saw this thread and I want to thank you for the images and the video review. Real nice.

1 question, I know its an armband but if one were to use it like a wrist band, would it be feasible?

I rather have it on my forearm.

Edit: also question 2, is there a opening at the bottom. lets say I have one of those Eveready rechargable battery pack and wanted to hook it up to the evo, is there a hole at the bottom.

TS

4. Munnarg

Munnarg Well-Known Member

I have the same one. There are two small holes at the bottom but they don't line up with our ports.

5. v01rider

if you do use it on the wrist, there is going to be a lot of extra band.

6. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

Actually since that post of mine, I bought both this armband and the HTC EVO armband. I like this one better. The HTC EVO one is good for the upper arm but not the forearm/wrist area. This one I can use for as a wrist/forearm holder.

TS

7. massivej

massivej New Member

8. Munnarg

Munnarg Well-Known Member

You might want to rethink that purchase. The image used seems to be from the same company, but their Evo armband. I don't think the dimensions are going to be right, especially since others have stated that the Evo is a very tight fit in that custom made armband.

Unless of course you have a Droid?