Armband for Epic?Accessories

Last Updated: 2012-03-27 22:32:02
  1. Durandal

Durandal Member

Anyone aware of a good armband for the Epic? I'd like to start using it more during workouts / jogging. I'd like to be able to use the touchscreen without having to take the phone out of the armband.

Recommendations would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Sikorasc

Sikorasc New Member

I have not seen an armband, but I bought a case that comes with a belt clip and it works well at the gym & running. I have been using it for about 2 weeks now. I picked it up at Best Buy. Hope this helps.
  3. MissJennell

MissJennell Well-Known Member

I bought an Arkon arm band and it is snug but it works very well. I love it.
  4. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Well-Known Member

Which model is it? Thanks.
  5. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

arkon sm-armband. It's pretty much the only one they have. Can fit an iphone to an epic and is under $15. Check out ebay (just search arkon armband) or do a google search for arkon sm-armband and go to the shopping link. Or just go to Provantage and get it for about $13 shipped.
    [​IMG]
    KoukiFC3S likes this.
  6. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

7. clippenholz

clippenholz New Member

8. Howard Packer

Howard Packer Well-Known Member

Hard to tell, but I don't see an opening for the headset 3.5 jack on any of them. They look like they have flaps somewhere in the back. How does on attach the headset?
  9. Doyer

Doyer Well-Known Member

The Arkon armband headphone opening acutally lines up with the Epic jack, but since it's kinda snug, you have to adjust it before plugging in your headphones. Or you could take a single hole punch to make it larger (or scissors for that matter).

The best solution imo is to use bluetooth headphones. Who the hell wants wire flapping around while working out? ;)

edit: btw, here's the webpage for the sm-armband: http://www.arkon.com/sports_armband/epic_4g_armband.html
  10. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Would this armband fit the epic if it's in a case?
  11. atacan

atacan New Member

Gadgetjunky and Meximo like this.
  12. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky New Member

This motorola arm band listed above fits my Epic nicely with or without my case and it is good quality!
  13. lafountain

lafountain New Member

I am curious in regards to the Motorola armband. I have been using my Zune case (Original 30GB Zune) and the Epic fits snugly, but while running sometimes it seems like my GPS loses signal (Stock EB13) and when I look at the route on runkeeper it looks like I am running through houses. With the Motorola armband or even the Arkon, has anyone had any issues with the GPS jumping them on their route?

The last time I ran, Runkeeper told me I ran only 1.75 miles when it was actually 2 miles. The 1/4 mile may not seem like much, but when tracking personal stats, it is a pretty big difference.
  14. Doyer

Doyer Well-Known Member