Arrange my contacts after updateSupport

1. stusue

stusue Member

Hi all. I'm new here and thinks this forum is a great idea. I just updated my razr hd and the phone seems fine but my contacts have been changed. Each contact used to have a sub catagory for Mobil, home, business etc. now each subcategory is a separate contact. So instead of one Alice contact with a few sub catagories for home mobile etc I now have 2 or three contacts with the same name but one for cell number one for home one for work etc.
    any one know how to fix this or re set my contacts ???

Thank u all in advance.

Advertisement
  2. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Well-Known Member

Welcome Stusue. Sorry to hear about the problem. Never heard of that before. This is the stock contact app, right? Unless it's a gmail setting (with which I am unfamiliar) it sounds like a wipe may be in order.
  3. PowrDroid

PowrDroid Well-Known Member

When you say you "updated my Razr", exactly what does that mean? What did you do?

Do you have your contact list backed up in another location? Have you looked at your contact list on gmail on a PC or on Verizon BackUp Assistant? Is it intact?
  4. hansangb

hansangb Well-Known Member

That's odd. I've seen cases where LinkedIn, Facebook ends up as separate contacts.

You can always join it manually. Hit the contact, Menu (upper right), Edit, Menu (upper right again), and JOIN. Select the other one and join it.
  5. stusue

stusue Member

I updated to JB. I share phone with wife. (No secrets in our family wether that's good or bad who knows). Anyways turns out our contacts in gmail r all duplicated. Plus we had a galaxy s3 with a list that's was botched up by best but when they activated it And my wife has multiple gmail accounts on phones so its quite a mess. I manually cleaning up the contacts on phone. Is there a program that will do it for me and them clean up lists on all devices at one time. ????
  6. stusue

stusue Member

Btw. Power droid I love your contact picture !
  7. IHateMyTreo

http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=165334

I'm not a gmail user, but seems like there is a one button solution for merging duplicate contacts.
  8. stusue

stusue Member

Hey there ihatemytreo ! Thank u. Where do I do this ? On the google website or on one of my devices. And once it's done how do I sync it with all the other devices ?
  9. IHateMyTreo

You would execute this from your desktop in the gmail app. Clean up your contacts inside your gmail there and, when done, the changes should propagate to your phone if you sync (it sounds like your phone is already set to sync with your gmail account).

Now understand, I am not a gmail user, so I have not done this myself. But the instructions seem fairly straight forward. I would recommend that you first backup your data in case something goes awry.

Let us know how it goes.
  10. stusue

stusue Member

I will. Thanks.
  11. mlharkless03

mlharkless03 New Member

Hi all, my daughter and I both have a Razr HD. In her contacts she is able to see her Facebook Contacts updates next to their pictures. My Razr HD is not doing it. Does anyone know how to set this up so my phone can do it also.
  12. stusue

stusue Member

Look in your contacts settings and see if u can add Facebook contacts. Or look in Facebook settings an see of I can merge Facebook contacts with phones contact settings.