• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ARRRGH! but ultimately Phew and Thanks.

dynomot

Android Expert
Dec 4, 2011
Sheffield U.K
Having owned my S6 128Gig for exactly one month it wriggled out of my hands and promptly down an open manhole into a large fast flowing foul sewer - next stop the sewerage treatment works. I was taking a photo of said manhole for work.

Now normally, any bolted on insurance with my contact I never take out, but it wasn't mentioned at all when I upgraded and renewed so I assumed I had none. However my first bill came in and there it was, an extra £12.10 a month for insurance. I now Swype this on my newly acquired, fresh from the insurance S6 128Gig Edge. An Edge because they had no "Ordinary" S6s in stock so sent me an Edge with a note saying I could exchange it if I want to when more stock was in - yeah, like I'm going to, this thing is fabulous.

So a tale with a moral, and a very happy ending.

Seriously man, you could jump into the Clyde (for the Americans here, it's a rather filthy river that runs through center of Glasgow) and come out with a salmon on yer mouth!

Lucky lucky man :p on another note(wait till you see what I did here ;-) ) did you not fancy the hobbit 4?I need some friends.lol

Lol. I did fancy the Note 4 - alot, and having held my old Note 3 to sort something out for its new owner I should have probably gone with one for it's size . My S6 edge feels and looks tiny in comparison. Still have my wife's upgrade to get in August, I may wait awhile, the Note 5 is due in September.

Reactions: sntaylor
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones