Ascend 2.2 Freezes when switching programsSupport

1. hahanope88

hahanope88 New Member

I have the first version of the Ascend from MetroPCS, I'm not really...tech savvy with Androids yet but managed to upgrade to 2.2 with no problem. My issue is...i know before the upgrade the phone would lag a bit and freeze alot...after upgrading to 2.2, which seemed to work well at first, I noticed that if i used an application, and got out of it...when I got back to the home screen the icons at the bottom for the menu and what not would be there and the wallpaper, but the icons for programs, or the clock wouldnt and then after about a minute it reappears. Or if i click on the menu button to try to get to a program the screen gets black for a few seconds..then everything comes up...but sometimes it lags. I dont have a lot of programs on there..most are from Metro...i havent rooted it...not really sure on how to do that lol

I guess I'm a little confused as to what to do to fix the problem? I use Advanced Task Killer which helps a little but not really. Any advice would be great thanks

Advertisement
  2. KOLIO

KOLIO SERIAL AGNOANDROIDIST Guide

DROP THE TASK KILLER LIKE A BAD HABIT!

Then take a real good look @ the thread ULTIMATE CUSTOMIZATION GUIDE.
  3. dbradford32

dbradford32 Well-Known Member

Task killers are really bad, for any android... I would look in the all things root section, figure out how to root, and remove bloatwares, increase CPU speed, and the like. I have done it all, and it helps, but it is still a persistent problem for us, as ascend users... You can jam a pack of dynomite in the battery pack, but it still won't make it faster... It's just not a fast phone. 600mhz is the stock overclocked speed. ;)
  4. pooky13

pooky13 Member

Hi guys, this is my first post as I am desperate to root and speed up my huawei, now.

I have the same problem as hahanope88 in the above post.

I've just completed the gingerbreak 1.2 (worked after installing superuser) to root my phone and installed titanium backup (free). Tomorrow I'll start backing up all my apps before I delete those I don't want.

So do I also uninstall my appkik manager too. What do I use in place of it, or do I?

Anyone else load the latest CM7 to their upgraded MetroPCS 2.2 Huawei Ascend?

Is INSTALLING CLOCKWORKMOD (CWM) still necessary if I choose not to install CM7?

thanks,:D

pooky13
  5. Snowboardholic

Snowboardholic New Member

First I shall say welcome to the Forum. Also I might add this is my first post here as well. Though I've been lurking for quite awhile, I feel as if I should lend some assistance.

Yes I did put CM7's rom on my Ascend, and I want to say it works like a dream. For anyone who is "brave" enough to root and flash/install a rom on to there phone should. (Give you a hint its really not hard at all.)

There's a guide as mentioned above, but to answer your questions. Yes you need CWM installed on your phone before you do any kind of backing up or restoring or installing.

If you are familiar with Windows Computers, CWM is pretty much like the BIOS.

You use this pre-boot system to manage your phone. But I still highly recommend you install CM7 ;)
  6. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

Important Info For New Ascend Users....

Make sure you have a backup sdcard, or a card reader for backup just in case you run into some problems...