Ascend 2 Cricket rooted then activated...Support

Last Updated:

1. azurial

azurial New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all, new user here, and Im hoping that some one can help me out.

I bought a number of used Ascend 2s in a lot on ebay, sold off most of them and kept one that was rooted. I just activated it last night and I seem to be having an issue with it.

I live in Wisconsin and was issued a 262 area code number, and selected the $50 plan from Cricket. How ever the About Phone menu shows a 740 number, and shows the same info in My Account on the mobile site, as well as the $60 plan. I am convinced that this is a problem caused by the phone being previously rooted.

I have tried to go back to stock using a tutorial on these very forums, but the download is incomplete and I cannot unzip it correctly. My OS is Ubuntu 10.10 if that helps.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Advertisement
  2. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Hi, welcome to the forums. I don't have the A2, but rooting shouldn't change anything by itself, just allows you to change things. Have you tried a factory reset?

3. azurial

Yeah, I tried that several times actually, with no luck. I've also been looking for a stock rom that won't give me issues when unzipping it.

4. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Try over at Unleashed Pre Paids (UPP) forum. That's where the action is for the A2.

5. azurial

Well still no luck... Would any one advise taking the phone into Cricket? I am also looking at using CDMA Workshop as what I am reading further may be a bad ESN problem, or using Odin3 to go back to stock.

Any advice at this point is very welcome and appreciated as I would rather not be out 50 bucks for too long...

6. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

Hello welcome to the forums . I see your having a problem with a cricket device . I had the a1 and a2 now i see you say. U got a number and new account . Well first rooting will not affect the phone information . Second sound like u need to do a update to the phone i think its *228 to program when done power off device by pulling the battery for 30 seconds then power up now tell me did that help u out

7. azurial

Thanks a ton man! That extra bit of info is just what I needed!

8. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

Glad to see u up and running again and glad to help you out:eek::D:beer: