ascend cameraSupport

1. Markbenthimer

Markbenthimer New Member

Is there a setting or app to increase the picture quality or shutter speed on my ascend.

Advertisement
  2. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Well-Known Member

Not as far as I can tell. Plenty to play with pictures (sepa tone, fisheye lense etc.) But I cant find one that will actually increase quality.

The main problem actually seems to be lack of auto focus.
    Markbenthimer likes this.
  3. r0ckstarr

r0ckstarr Well-Known Member

CAMERA - MENU > SETTINGS > PICTURE SIZE
    CAMERA - MENU > SETTINGS > PICTURE QUALITY

I wouldn't expect much from such a tiny sensor. It really is a bare bones camera. No focus adjustments, nothing. If you want better pictures, you're going to have to use a better camera, sorry.

(personally, I hate the camera on the phone, but for a $100 phone, you get what you pay for)
    Markbenthimer likes this.
  4. Markbenthimer

Markbenthimer New Member

What about applications that enhance the cameras resolution.
  5. r0ckstarr

r0ckstarr Well-Known Member

You can try them, but I don't see how they could increase the resolution. Resolution is the number of pixels in an inch. In order to increase the amount of pixels in an inch, you would have to increase the elements in the camera sensor itself.

My assumption, without trying these apps, is that they either stretch the image to a larger size, which would result in worse quality.

Or, they add some sort of sharpening to the image to make it appear better than it actually is.

If you do happen to try any of those apps that are supposed to enhance the resolution, I would be interested in seeing before and after pictures to see what really was done.
    Markbenthimer and Gmash like this.
  6. yasin810

yasin810 Member

Yeh thats a sucky issue ...Ive tried dozens of camera apps to enhance picture quality.......No luck,closest I got was installing (sorry I can't think of the name right now :() I uninstalled. But my point being is....the camera is just no good.