• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ascend camera

CAMERA - MENU > SETTINGS > PICTURE SIZE
CAMERA - MENU > SETTINGS > PICTURE QUALITY

I wouldn't expect much from such a tiny sensor. It really is a bare bones camera. No focus adjustments, nothing. If you want better pictures, you're going to have to use a better camera, sorry.

(personally, I hate the camera on the phone, but for a $100 phone, you get what you pay for)

Reactions: Markbenthimer
Upvote 0
What about applications that enhance the cameras resolution.

You can try them, but I don't see how they could increase the resolution. Resolution is the number of pixels in an inch. In order to increase the amount of pixels in an inch, you would have to increase the elements in the camera sensor itself.

My assumption, without trying these apps, is that they either stretch the image to a larger size, which would result in worse quality.

Or, they add some sort of sharpening to the image to make it appear better than it actually is.

If you do happen to try any of those apps that are supposed to enhance the resolution, I would be interested in seeing before and after pictures to see what really was done.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones