• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ascend Plus -vs- LG Optimus Dynamic 2 -vs- ZTE Majesty

mrsSixxNJ

Lurker
Feb 19, 2014
Hey everybody, I have had straight talk since July and love the service, I recommend it to everyone. I had a Samsung Galaxy Centura which was a pretty good phone all in all but its broken now and its time to trade in with my product replacement warranty. I dont just want a phone equal in capabilities to the Centura but want it to be an upgrade. one thing that it didnt have was a front facing camera or a flash so I def. am looking for that. It was also kind of laggy and it was a pretty basic beginner level smartphone so I want something thats more high end, I know that my choices are not super high end but I just want something thats a few steps up from the centura at least. I am not a phone snob and cant afford the fancier $200-300+ models available on ST, I just want a good solid working smartphone that is fast, with good quality display, that can do more than the centura could. I have it narrowed down to 3 that I like and now just need help figuring out which one.

The first is the Huawei Ascend Plus. $129

The second is the LG Optimus Dynamic 2 which just came out so theres not a ton of info about it yet. $99

The third is the ZTE Majesty. $179

I have a $107 credit for my new phone at Walmart so I will be paying either 0$, about $30, or about $80 depending on the one I get. If the Majesty is that much significantly better I dont mind paying the 80, price is an issue but not THAT much of an issue , def. not the deciding factor. The front facing camera is a big concern but I think they all have that, and I WOULD like to have a flash which i believe the Ascend Plus does not have.

Id like some input on all three of these, Ive done some research but still would like to hear some firsthand accounts from people who have experience with one or more of them so I can really compare them. Any thoughts you guys have would be great, I really appreciate the help. Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones