[ASK] Emergency Download ModeGeneral

Last Updated: 2012-06-08 08:50:09
  1. wolvgank

wolvgank Member

did anyone know how to use Emergency download mode in galaxy 551 a.k.a Callisto?
    i have tried it with odin n doesnt happen. only my callisto got hot..
    i think it can used with KIES but i cant test it yet because my connection, KIES use connection to upgrade firmware..
    if anyone know it does please let me know because my callisto only can enter the emergency download mode.. the ordinary download mode cant..

Advertisement
  2. karandpr

karandpr Well-Known Member

Yeah KIES uses Emergency "recovery" mode .(checked it yesterday..)
    )
    The Emergency download mode is somewhat like Ram dump mode which is useless in any case .
    KIES is useless to perform even simplest tasks :rolleyes: :rofl:
    Expecting it to recognize Emergency download mode is too much to expect .
  3. wolvgank

wolvgank Member

so its totally useless, even KIES can't access the emergency download mode?
    hiks..
    at last my callisto can't resurrect..
    even power button can't turn on the power.. just bricked callisto.
    in your country how much the price to change the motherboard?
  4. karandpr

half of the price . around 80-100$ .
  5. wolvgank

wolvgank Member

whaatt??!!!
    that is to much from my estimate..
    maybe i have to buy new handset.. same as you again.. lol..
    did u have a new development blog for your XMP? if u have may i know the link?
    thank u karan.
  6. karandpr

I will be starting blog for XMP this saturday. It will be first focused towards tweaks with locked bootloader then I will move to Unlocked bootloader development :)
  7. wolvgank

wolvgank Member

ok I'm just know my problem after go to service center.. and then I know my power ic is burned..
    that's too much.. maybe that's because my phone to much overheat..
    and only solution is change the mother board.. that's cost around 90$ in my country..
    maybe this is can be other caution for the phone temperature..
  8. karandpr

It's a predictable answer they give to everyone .You are not the first one to experience :/ .
    There are some other users who reported similar behavior recently .
    What Samsung cant explain is how conveniently ,only recovery and download mode wont work :/ .
    The newer Samsung Lineup doesnt have any sliding QWERTY phone so it is evident that there will be little support from them .
  9. wolvgank

wolvgank Member

seriously??
    unbelievable Samsung..
    well do u think Sony can be like that too?
  10. karandpr

I have used Sony Phones for some 8 years (From T230i)
    My K810i is now functioning 5th year running and saved me when the G551 was busted .
    In 8 years ,i visited the Sony Care once and it was resolved quickly and without any hassles .
    Samsung three times in one year and they are pretty crappy IMO .

Apart from that Sony Xperia line up is pretty clear
    Four partitions MTD
    If you have locked Bootloader (like mine) ,It takes an insane effort to brick it on the software front .
    Problems in Software Flash dont exist IMO .
    If you unlock bootloader then you void the warranty (They are pretty clear about it )
    Then you need to be careful while handling the unlocked bootloader .
    Even in that case you use Fastboot protocol which is not propitiatory like Samsung's (bml)
    and chances of bricking are still rare .
    But if you flash custom kernel and overclock insanely high ,your chip will get fried . Same thing with overusing USB OTG . There are kernel warnings in every dev page .In that case ,it will come under software warranty misuse .

If you play it safe and under control ,I doubt anything can happen to a Sony Phone ...(Rocking my XMP 4.0.4 rooted :) )
  11. wolvgank

wolvgank Member

well that's good news.. but still need some knowledge.. lol..
    thanks karand..

out of topic.. I really need to upgrade my neo v to ics, but I will be more patience until I explored my neo v enough.. lol..
  12. karandpr

Take your time .Upgrade to ICS takes only 5 minutes (after download 200 MB)
    I am currently compiling all that needs to be needed For the locked bootloader aspects of Sony Phones ..